PDA

View Full Version : I'm a little confused about crafting, looking for some help.

Kisaragi
04-09-2008, 11:51 PM
So here's the thing. I'm starting to craft goggles as a reward for the vale raid. I have a general idea of what I'd like to put on it. However, I'm not sure if it can be done, or even if items I have will be used at all.

Below is a list of the materials I have. I am however nearly broke (^-^;;; less then 3k platinum on both my mains) so buying ingredients isn't an option. I'm wondering if some of the ones I've gotten won't be used so that I can try to sell them and renew some of my cash reserves.

x1 Violet Taper
x1 Wonderous Oil
x1 Shavarath Signet Stone
x1 Eberron Energy Cell
x1 Bitterscrub Fungus
x1 Glistening Pebbles
x1 Green Briar Twigs
x1 Small Gnawed Bone
x1 Medium Devil Scales
x1 Medium Sulfus Stone
x1 Medium Twisted Shrapnel
x3 Shavarath Medium Energy Cells

Here's what I wanted to do with the item but I'm not sure it's possible;

+6 Intelligence - Wizardry VI, +1 Intelligence Skills (Exceptional Bonus) - Fire, Escalation, Ethereal
20% Negative Energy Absorption - Poison Immunity, Fear Immunity - Negative, Opposition, Material
Aspect of Ash II - Enervation - Fire, Negative, Fire + Negative

Basically Goggles with Aspect of Ash II to use Enervation Guard. If I'm not getting something please tell me.

I used the following website;
http://ddo.enterwiki.net/page/Crafting

But I could be way way off. I've been using the following page to figure out what I need to make it, but it doesn't list the Aspect of Ash.
http://www.randojones.com/miscellany/ddocrafting.aspx

Any help would be most welcomed. Thanks in advance. (You can post here, message me, or send me a mail in game on Alexio).

Dariuss
04-10-2008, 12:40 AM
mmm ok

well start by making your goggles. You are most of the way there, you just need to get 1 locust husk and 1 lilly petals (you can trade your fungus for one of these), then put your husk, petals, pebbles, twigs and power cell into the machine to get filaments of toil.

mix the toil, the wondrous oil, the violet taper, another energy cell, and your signet stone, and you will have goggles.

so that's step 1. and the good news is husks and petals are the easiest to get as they drop in the vale, so do some vale rares runs and you'll get em quick.

now, for your first upgrade, it's WIzardry IV, so 150 spell poitns, NOT +6 INT. You can only get +6 INT on a weapon (i know, it sucks).

For your tier 1 upgrade you'll need to find 2 more arrowheads, 2 chains, 2 scales, 1 more shrapnel and 1 more stone. Then you can mix those up.

so yah, the only thing you can get rid of of is your fungus. BUT you are well on yoru way, AND you have 3 medium energy cells waiting for your tier 2 upgrade

FluffyCalico
04-10-2008, 12:49 AM
mmm ok
so yah, the only thing you can get rid of of is your fungus.

LMAO sometimes that can be easier said then done.

But yes his instructions look right and its +150SP not stat. With that said CHA skills are usually more desired than INT ones and would still give you the +150SP

jjflanigan
04-10-2008, 06:50 AM
Here's another option that will list out the needed ingredients and instructions in a different format

http://perfectweb.org/ddo/crafting/base_crafting.php

Kisaragi
04-10-2008, 06:34 PM
I owe you for the help.

Dariuss
04-11-2008, 01:36 AM
I owe you for the help.

dude, outside of the handful of people who have this all figured out, the rest of us are just muddling along. we gotta stick together :)

Milolyen
04-11-2008, 09:07 AM
LMAO sometimes that can be easier said then done.

But yes his instructions look right and its +150SP not stat. With that said CHA skills are usually more desired than INT ones and would still give you the +150SP

But Kisaragi is looking for the ash abilities so does not have the option of going cha skills over int.

Kisaragi - I also would not trade the funk for husk or petals because those are much easier to get. If anything check out the price funk goes for on the ah on your server and then post it for about that and use that to give you additional cash for regular questing and go loot the vale. It should not take you more than 10 rare encounter chests out in the vale before you have the husk and petals. Me? I have given a few dozen away to friends (and if asked nicely to strangers) because I solo out there while waiting for something to do. So if you know someone that solos alot you might want to ask if they have an extra one of each (they don't really sell for well on the ah on argo).

Milolyen