PDA

View Full Version : Famous people who play D & D

captain1z
04-04-2008, 06:57 PM
And some even play DDO.......................

Its funny how they call us geeks and say we live in our parents basement and then a 6'4" 200lbs wrestler stands up and say.... "Yeah I play that every weekend with my friends"

Interesting list .... check it out:

http://www.yqmonline.com/journal/2007/08/85_famous_people_that_play_dun.html

lenric
04-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Ok, wait a second, in the parentheses for Robin Williams it says he plays both the pnp and the online game. Is the online game they are referring to DDO? Is somewhere out there, in a shroud party searching for ingredients, Robin Williams?

Aesop
04-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Ok, wait a second, in the parentheses for Robin Williams it says he plays both the pnp and the online game. Is the online game they are referring to DDO? Is somewhere out there, in a shroud party searching for ingredients, Robin Williams?

He could be on this forum right now ;)

... makes ya wonder who some of the more vocal posters are.... in RL that is

Aesop

Delt
04-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Ben Aflac. QUACK!

captain1z
04-04-2008, 07:18 PM

Aesop

indeed ;) (and Ben Affleck was the bomb in phantoms)

#3 reason why people dont use voice chat

captain1z
04-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Dave Chappell and Chris Rock play WOW
:(

Nevthial
04-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Vin Diesel plays.

There are some folks that I used to play with on here who are involved in movies. Sadly, they left for WOW a couple of months back. Can't mention names. Hope they make a return with the next Mod.

Slap_Happy
04-04-2008, 08:25 PM
But i do have to say im pretty dang cool and i play ddo the list kinda sucks thou cause 90 percent of those people suck

Invalid_86
04-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Vin Diesel plays.

There are some folks that I used to play with on here who are involved in movies. Sadly, they left for WOW a couple of months back. Can't mention names. Hope they make a return with the next Mod.

I seem to remember an interview with Vin where he mentioned that a tattoo he had was an old character's name.

Theboz
04-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Does knowning an actress(Aunt from marrage) count? her name is Pamala Reed.

Does that make me famaous by default?:D

Nevthial
04-04-2008, 10:47 PM
I seem to remember an interview with Vin where he mentioned that a tattoo he had was an old character's name.

Malcor ~ Double Specialized Drow Witch Hunter (He got to play him in Pitch Black,ect. )

Griphon
04-05-2008, 05:08 AM

Dude,

That would rock. ;) My Hero!

Any way... Just a stray thought.. You think any 'famous' people who play DDO actually use voice chat? I mean if your famous to that degree, don't you think your voice would be IDed? Hurm.

Eh. Closest I come to playing with a Famous is running with Jerry Snook or a DDOCast memeber occasionaly.

Glenalth
04-05-2008, 06:07 AM

Melkor, on his back.

His game development company (Tigon) is developing a game called Melkor as well.

Melkor

A game that appears to be based on one of Vin Diesel's Dungeons & Dragons characters who appears to be named after Morgoth from J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth legendarium, Melkor is a fantasy "epic" that has been scheduled to be a series of games. According to the website, Melkor's game-style is influenced by "Dungeons & Dragons, Conan and Lord of the Rings".

Lorien_the_First_One
04-05-2008, 07:37 AM
Eh. Closest I come to playing with a Famous is running with Jerry Snook or a DDOCast memeber occasionaly.

Do Ghost, Cupcake, and Rameses count as playing with stars?

Horrorscope
04-05-2008, 09:59 AM

Huh, and I just went by his place in Oakville, CA the other day. Had no clue until my customer told me that, if I known I would have popped in and asked him if he wanted to play a session. Do you think that would scream "stalker" to him? Or is that was fellow DDO players do?

Pellegro
04-05-2008, 10:06 AM
There's an adult movie "star" who plays on Ghallanda.

and no, I won't tell you her name. but if you play on ghallanda you likely know her - she's not shy about sharing that little nugget.

Beherit_Baphomar
04-05-2008, 10:13 AM
<--- never uses voice chat.
<--- vocal on the forums.
<--- Could be Brad Pitt.

Then again, I could be Eddie Izzard.

Aesop
04-05-2008, 10:15 AM
<--- Could be Brad Pitt.

I'd perfer Eddie I think

I also don't use voice chat

I could be Julia Roberts

I'm not ... or maybe I'm just saying that ...

Aesop
lucky #7

dragnmoon
04-05-2008, 10:39 AM
I play DDO And I am Famous in my Own Mind * the voices tell me all the time!* :p;):D

smatt
04-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Oops, forgot to mention a semi-famous guy that plays or used to at least..... C.C. Deville, guitar player for old hair metal band Poison was playing back around Mod 4 times.....

Grond
04-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Oops, forgot to mention a semi-famous guy that plays or used to at least..... C.C. Deville, guitar player for old hair metal band Poison was playing back around Mod 4 times.....

Seriously?

Rambin
04-05-2008, 02:18 PM
I would love to have the chance to play PnP DnD with Robin Williams and/or Billy Crystal. If either of you happen to be reading this right now please send me a private message to discuss the possibility of this actually happening.

KristovK
04-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Robin Williams mentioned that he plays DDO to someone a year ago or so, don't remember who/where, but it was in these forums at the time, lots of people wondered who his characters were and what server he played on..before the merge so the speculation was pretty rife :)

I didn't see some other famous names in that list..

Judas Priest, entire band played and some of their songs are direct references to the game and their gaming sessions.

And what makes you think you'd actually recognize someone famous's voice over voicecomm? You'd hear a voice that sounds familiar..but..that's about it, unless they said something you'd immediately recognize as a catchphrase some character they played on tv/movie used..like Mr Williams saying nanu nanu, and even then you'd probably just laugh and never actually think 'hey, that's Robin Williams!'. Unless it's William Shatner...his voice and cadence just can't be mistaken for anyone else :)

GlassCannon
04-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Some just don't like using Voice Chat.

Then again, some folks' voices aren't well known ;)

captain1z
04-05-2008, 05:27 PM

and no, I won't tell you her name. but if you play on ghallanda you likely know her - she's not shy about sharing that little nugget.

Ive heard some of the things she says, I always thought she was just being anamously provacative....... and I took it for a joke.
Its just not a line of questioning I would get into over the interwebz ....... but now that you say that... I may throw out a slightly leading comment and see what I get back.

No social stigma here about adult stars.... people are people no matter what they do. Even If I think you could be doing something else its your choice.

Horrorscope
04-06-2008, 09:39 AM
I would love to have the chance to play PnP DnD with Robin Williams and/or Billy Crystal. If either of you happen to be reading this right now please send me a private message to discuss the possibility of this actually happening.

There is a big difference playing the game and reading the forums. We all know that reading forums is for losers. Maybe there needs to be a list of famous people that read DDO's forums. Well instead of talking I'll do it, here's your list:

Famous people that read DDO's forums:
(None)

LOL

Now if they were reading the forums and they would love to chat in-game but feel their I.D. would be blown... then get MorphVoxPro to alter their voice. I'm still certain 90&#37; of the females are men using this little tool!

Theboz
04-06-2008, 10:05 AM

Ill get in touch with my mom's ex-husbands sister, Pamala Reed, she has been in a couple movie's with Robin williams, "Best of Times" and "Cadillac Man" and she's a good friend of his, along with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Now all you have to do in return is make a toon on Sarlona and level him up to level 16 and start farming me some dang ingredeints from the shroud, also Ill take a couple W/P rapiers, and one more thing I want( only thing I have never pulled) +5 mith FP that should do it. Also, Ill need this by next week so you better hurry.:D

Speaking of Arnold, when Pam adopted a little baby, Arnold got him some Nike High top baby shoes as a gift

Stormanne
04-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Don't know what his characters names are, but Vin Diesel made mention of DDO and being on the Adar server in an interview in Maxim magazine a year or so ago. So that narrows down the Where of the Who, What, Where and When...

smatt
04-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Seriously?

Yeppers, seriously.... ;)

Strakeln
04-06-2008, 04:54 PM

Its funny how they call us geeks and say we live in our parents basement and then a 6'4" 200lbs wrestler stands up and say.... "Yeah I play that every weekend with my friends"

http://www.yqmonline.com/journal/2007/08/85_famous_people_that_play_dun.htmlCan you imagine playing DDO with Robin Williams in your group? You'd never complete a quest!

Zedim
04-07-2008, 06:17 AM
Oh no...I wonder if.....Hannibal Lecter plays DDO? Liver, anyone?

SirDoc
04-07-2008, 08:07 AM
I'm sure all those celeb's play, they also use all the products they endorse, There testomony can only be gospel.
Theres no reason to dis-belive them even if they are probally getting paid to be there and promote.

JacknCoke
04-07-2008, 08:07 AM
Im going to go ahead and call bull "junk" on this list. Dame Judy Dench (Introduced to the game by Vin Diesal)
? LOL get real!

Strakeln
04-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Keep in mind the list is for people that play D&D, not DDO (although some supposedly play DDO). That means, they could say "yes" if they ever sat down at a tabletop game and rolled a d20.

ccheath776
04-07-2008, 10:17 AM

http://www.yqmonline.com/journal/2007/08/85_famous_people_that_play_dun.html

Cool list but not very shocking.
I mean if your an actor chances are you've touched DND at some point because play acting is pretty much what DND is anyway. So it fits. My drama club all played DND, the thespian club I founded also played DND.
But the list is those who play DND but it doesn't mention, save one, that plays DDO.
Thats what I would be interested in knowing.

ShadesofGreen
04-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlUsiKfeDfo

Vin seems to know some stuff.

And his game company:

http://www.tigonstudios.com/

Yvonne_Blacksword
04-07-2008, 11:02 AM
<===not a celebrity

But I was featured in a news cast once in Spokane, WA once...A puff piece on a local bussiness owner.
And I performed on stage on live TV once at the Dorothy Chandler Pavillion, Tom Bosley was the host.

My father did extra work in Hollywood.
I was married to the son of John Brennan (Please Don't Eat the Daisies, Where the Boys Are).
My sister was in a folk band...

Lol.

One of the guys in our guild dated the Pink Power Ranger...:p

samagee
04-07-2008, 11:50 AM
You know actors are people too. I think we need to stop treating them like royalty and get on with our lives. If you want to be one of the famous, then get into the acting career.

ArkoHighStar
04-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Im going to go ahead and call bull "junk" on this list. Dame Judy Dench (Introduced to the game by Vin Diesal)
? LOL get real!

they were in the Chronicles of Rid**** together, the race she plays are based on Air elementals

~True_Knight
04-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Robin Williams frequents the forum often...

Yeah, in fact.... Kargon is Robin Williams! :p

ccheath776
04-07-2008, 01:56 PM

Yeah and im ethel merman
"You'll be swell, you'll be great. Gonna have the whole world on a plate. Startin' here, startin' now. Honey, everything's comin' up roses..."

smatt
04-07-2008, 02:05 PM

Ha ha, now that actually would make sense.... LOLOLOL

Heladron
04-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Hmmm, I'm assuming that's why you never see Kargon and Robin Williams at that same place at the same time.

Heladron
04-07-2008, 02:45 PM

Great, now I'll never be playing with my guild anymore because I'll be PUG'ing like mad to find the adult movie star. Maybe if I put up an LFM...:D

Heladron
04-07-2008, 02:53 PM
? LOL get real!

Actually this is a well known Fact.

sigtrent
04-07-2008, 03:03 PM

Heh.. Could be :)

A friend of mine used to run a game store here in Seattle and Robin Williams dropped in one day to check out his Warhammer selection while he was on tour. They had pictures up and so on. Reportedly he was quite a nice guy and as good and geeky about games as we all are.

Twerpp
04-07-2008, 03:06 PM

BTW Robin Williams fans(like me)..he is doing standup in Vegas in May, kind of a rare thing these days I have only met him once when he was in Iraq but missed his show because I had to patrol. I wish I had his energy, I would transfer servers to group with him hehe.

Also Andrew W.K. my #1 favorite musician this guy rocks hard.

HumanJHawkins
04-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Ill get in touch with my mom's ex-husbands sister, Pamala Reed, she has been in a couple movie's with Robin williams, "Best of Times" and "Cadillac Man" and she's a good friend of his, along with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

From the rest of your post, you may be joking. But just in case, and for everyone else on the "who are they" bandwagon, please don't!

Can you imagine how much it would suck if suddenly every time you came on to play, someone said, "Hey man, we have Vin Diesel in our group. Dude, I loved you in Rain Man!" And then someone else had to chime in, "Um... He wasn't in Rain Man... That was Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman." Well... You know where this is heading.

There is a reason they run anonymous... Be cool enough to let them play how they want to play.

And have faith... If it is meant to be, some day the supply of Clerics will dry up enough that you will see an LFM along the lines of "Ok! It's Me... I'm Vin Frackin' Diesel. If you come be my Cleric, I'll sign your **** autograph!"

Lol. Cheers!

HumanJHawkins
04-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Robin Williams frequents the forum often... Yeah, in fact.... Kargon is Robin Williams! :p

Lol. I almost posted the same thing. But I was afraid it might turn out to be true and ruin his day. Cheers!

Strakeln
04-07-2008, 04:08 PM

Yeah, in fact.... Kargon is Robin Williams! :pMakes a lot of sense, really.

RazorrX
04-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Great, now I'll never be playing with my guild anymore because I'll be PUG'ing like mad to find the adult movie star. Maybe if I put up an LFM...:D

Yeah , I knew I picked the wrong server!

Wonder if she has any lowbies . . .

Mockduck
04-07-2008, 04:48 PM
I think it would be really funny to play DnD with Glen Danzig. I'd be all like "Okay, this campaign is about evil. And darkness. And Satan!"

...and then I'd make the whole gaming session about fluffy pink bunnies that need to be rescued through happy magic and forming an alliance with zippy little elves.

ShadesofGreen
04-07-2008, 04:59 PM
I think it would be really funny to play DnD with Glen Danzig. I'd be all like "Okay, this campaign is about evil. And darkness. And Satan!"

...and then I'd make the whole gaming session about fluffy pink bunnies that need to be rescued through happy magic and forming an alliance with zippy little elves.

Make sure they're barbarian bunnies with +10 to fluffy grapple checks. :D

captain1z
04-07-2008, 05:35 PM
<===not a celebrity

But I was featured in a news cast once in Spokane, WA once...A puff piece on a local bussiness owner.
And I performed on stage on live TV once at the Dorothy Chandler Pavillion, Tom Bosley was the host.

My father did extra work in Hollywood.
I was married to the son of John Brennan (Please Don't Eat the Daisies, Where the Boys Are).
My sister was in a folk band...

Lol.

One of the guys in our guild dated the Pink Power Ranger...:p

OMG !! Amy Jo Johnson. I would totally date her. I like a woman who can defend herself..................... but I also like the adorable yet clumsy ones also.

transtemporal
04-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Lexa Doig, baby. Of all the dungeons in all the planes, you had to walk into mine! *swoon*

~True_Knight
04-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Yeah and im ethel merman
"You'll be swell, you'll be great. Gonna have the whole world on a plate. Startin' here, startin' now. Honey, everything's comin' up roses..."

You are? Really? Sheesh, 90 years old and playing DDO? :eek: Cool! :rolleyes:

Kalari
04-08-2008, 02:35 AM
There is a big difference playing the game and reading the forums. We all know that reading forums is for losers. Maybe there needs to be a list of famous people that read DDO's forums. Well instead of talking I'll do it, here's your list:

Famous people that read DDO's forums:
(None)

LOL

Now if they were reading the forums and they would love to chat in-game but feel their I.D. would be blown... then get MorphVoxPro to alter their voice. I'm still certain 90% of the females are men using this little tool!

Darn my cover is blown better butch up... lol seriously :p Horroscope I still get the giggles when I see a female character then hear a dudes voice behind it, and yesterday ran with a guildy who was playing a dwarf male tank and she has the softest voice ive ever heard. We females do play but ya never know what your gonna get ;)

Quazi
04-08-2008, 12:42 PM
There's a guy on Ghallanda that sounds exactly like Bill Clinton. His accent is to the "T". He's was cool about us making him say the famous Clinton line: " I did not have sex with Monica Lewinski." Of course he might be tired of that line by now, but we all had a good time in that group. Forgot his name.

MissErres
04-08-2008, 12:47 PM
<--- Could be Brad Pitt.

Awesome!! I love Eddie Izzard! Especially when he's in DRAG! LMAO!

jmonty
04-08-2008, 01:20 PM
i'd love to run with colbert, jack black, or trey parker. heck, anyone would be a blast. i'm sure they don't announce themselves though.

WestiesMA
04-08-2008, 01:31 PM
I know for a fact that several of the people on that list play DDO (or at least did at one time). I have either heard them speak about it at a con, or I have met them IRL and discussed the game with them. There are also a few others I know of not on the list that many of us geeks would recognize. ;)

Theboz
04-08-2008, 01:51 PM
From the rest of your post, you may be joking. But just in case, and for everyone else on the "who are they" bandwagon, please don't!

Can you imagine how much it would suck if suddenly every time you came on to play, someone said, "Hey man, we have Vin Diesel in our group. Dude, I loved you in Rain Man!" And then someone else had to chime in, "Um... He wasn't in Rain Man... That was Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman." Well... You know where this is heading.

There is a reason they run anonymous... Be cool enough to let them play how they want to play.

And have faith... If it is meant to be, some day the supply of Clerics will dry up enough that you will see an LFM along the lines of "Ok! It's Me... I'm Vin Frackin' Diesel. If you come be my Cleric, I'll sign your **** autograph!"

Lol. Cheers!

No joke, I do know somebody who is very good friends with Arnold and Robin Williams. Would I ever Ask if they play DDO?, Nope, because Its none of my business.

suitepotato
04-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Try working for Cablevision out of the Norwalk office which covers Greenwich. You get to see that the rich, famous, and rich and famous all are just like you and me with kids' toys all over the house, saying thing like "honey, there's freaking mud pies on the front porch" and "where are my shorts". Playing DDO is nothing more exotic than anything else. They just tend to have a little more money on hand to go places and do things we don't.

Besides, if you look at the list, it is heavily loaded with actors. No matter how well regarded they are as adults, being into acting is not exactly A-list stuff for high school popularity. The drive to act, to impersonate, to create, is one that begins early on. Playing RPGs is a no-brainer. Actors RPG in front of cameras and audiences for a living. It's LARP for money and fame. A lot of us would do it if we had the looks and everything else that gets noticed in their world.

But they still ask their wives where their shorts are while the cable guy is trying to get an answer out of them as to where they want the outlet.

Mindspat
04-08-2008, 02:44 PM
There's a guy on Ghallanda that sounds exactly like Bill Clinton. His accent is to the "T". He's was cool about us making him say the famous Clinton line: " I did not have sex with Monica Lewinski." Of course he might be tired of that line by now, but we all had a good time in that group. Forgot his name.

heh Ran a few groups with him about a year ago if it's the person I'm thinking of. Good personalty and greate sense of humor, but I suppose you'd need them if *you* were married to Hilary!

Most people who are "famous" aren't terribly found of unsolicted attention. If you know or suspsect someone is "famous" do them a favor and help provide for a worthwhile gaming session by keeping their occupation irrelevant. :)

Last thing I want to hear is everyone telling me "You f'n suck!" if they knew what I do for a living...

MissErres
04-08-2008, 02:47 PM
On friday and saturday nights (usually) we get a drunken G.W. show up in our guild... does that count? :rolleyes:

Aesop
04-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Awesome!! I love Eddie Izzard! Especially when he's in DRAG! LMAO!

Dress to Kill is still my favorite Stand Up routine

that and Robin Williams' Live on Broadway

Aesop

Deragoth
04-08-2008, 03:44 PM
No Shizzle? Robin Williams? Bet that makes for some interesting party chat :D

bkasavan
02-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Steven Lynch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyxnEKTjhj0

Tat2Freak
02-16-2011, 10:06 PM
Steven Lynch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyxnEKTjhj0
This thread is 3 yrs old bud...

skepticalsoul
02-17-2011, 03:32 AM
It would be so cool to just get to know Robin Williams as a person. Irregardless of who he is as an actor I have a lot of admiration for him as a person, not as an actor... Maybe one day I'll get lucky and run with him since Adar merged with Sarlona ^_^

Ginarrbrik
11-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Vin Diesel plays.

He plays the original D&D - the tabletop game. To my knowledge, he does not play DDO.

Mellifera
11-09-2011, 06:49 PM
He plays the original D&D - the tabletop game. To my knowledge, he does not play DDO.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/ThePicStash/Avatars/Thread_Necromancy.jpg

noinfo
11-09-2011, 09:21 PM

Yep but at least unlike many other threads that are completely irrelevant this one is mildly entertaining etc for some and not subject to game update changes :D.

Battery
11-09-2011, 10:03 PM

Aesop

It's you isn't it?!?! Aesop is such a Robin Williams name!

Actually I heard he played Everquest so they might mean that, I've seen Curt Schilling Talk about playing Everquest (in fact he had a development team working on an MMO a few years ago) and they have him listed too.

Funny also theres a guy on Ghallanda who I swear sounds just like Lewis Black on voice chat, it's not him though not angry enough lol.

karsion
11-09-2011, 10:07 PM

Started playing 9 months ago and certainly don't feel like going through 5 years of threads. This thread tho was interesting

Lalangamena
11-10-2011, 08:50 AM
<--- Could be Brad Pitt.

Eddie Lizzard Rocks (* sic)!!!
he is awesome.