PDA

View Full Version : Online Version 4 To Replace Stormreach 3.5?

thejadescorpion
04-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Hi. As we all know, D&D version 4 (the pen and paper version) comes out this June. It is my understanding that Stormreach online is based upon the 3.5 pen and paper D&D rules. I read on Wikipedia that version 4 is slated for online play as well as pen and paper play. My questions are these: Will version 4's online presence in any way replace the Stormreach 3.5 rules and play on ddo.com? Will Stormreach stay with the same set of 3.5 rules for online play? Will it continue like it has always continued? It would be great if some of the developers could provide us with the answers. Thanks!

dragnmoon
04-04-2008, 06:24 PM
The Online Component of 4th Edition IS NOT A MMO!

It is Just a Virtual representation of a Miniature map with virtual minis. It is so you can play the PnP game online with friends long distance..

It is in no way at all anything like a MMO..or a replacement for stormreach

Impaqt
04-04-2008, 06:43 PM
DDO Devs have already stated several times that there are no current plans to update DDO to 4.0.

Delt
04-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Unless someone says otherwise (a dev or Turbine employee), there are likely copyright and license issues that would prevent Atari/Turbine from using anything from 4.0.