PDA

View Full Version : Kittyburst claws of maiming

cypan41
04-04-2008, 06:19 AM
I'm sorry but I was talking to some friends earlier and I came up with these weapons. The Kittyburst Claws of Maiming. Perfect for the young Monk Class. Say LvL 3-7
hehe Oh come on you know it'd be good!!!
-Morta Loup- thelanis

( you know you were working at your computer some night trying to put out the game in time and had the Kitty Burst claws attack you wanting some attention!)

Shaamis
04-04-2008, 07:05 AM
I was reading the SRD of D&D, and they were differentiating between an unarmed attack (monk punck, kick, elbow, headbutt, etc.) and a races "natural" attacks.

For a human, dwarf, elf, halfling, and many other humanoid races, they look similar, but in the rules of the game, they are considered different.

What I'm getting at, is the kittyclaws, while a cool comcept, might not be considered compatible with the monks unarmed combat attacks.

An amulet of mighty fists, specifically states that it enhances monk attacks, so it will stack.

But, if the kittyclaws enhance the monk martial art form of "crouching tiger" or something like that, I can see allowing it to stack with monk abilities.

I just need to find the "drinking mug of the drunken master" for my dwarf, soon to be a drunken (dwarf) style martial artist.

Zedim
04-04-2008, 07:22 AM
I think they were kidding.

Kromize
04-04-2008, 07:32 AM
shush, everyone loves a monk that randomly spins around, and back flips in a normal attack chain....~_~
lol
but really....cmon....

thats almost as bad as stabbing with a mace!

:D

MysticTheurge
04-04-2008, 08:45 AM
So would kittyburst be kind of like this (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/9/7/)?

Mad_Bombardier
04-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Sorry, but bagh nakh is not a monk weapon in D&D, nor are brass knuckles. You want a monk? Use special monk weapons (kama, quarterstaff, shuriken, unarmed).