PDA

View Full Version : DDO Korea

captain1z
03-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Just wanted to say that after grouping with their guild and guild members pretty often over the last few months, that I find them not only to be top shelf players but also a good group of guys.

Granted, we dont understand each other perfectly, so lots of chit-chat and odd nuances get lost here and there; but when it comes to quests most of the guild sems to know them very well.

Mazes and puzzles are done pretty quickly, buffs are given out extremely quickly and once done you wont find there is more than 1 you may have to ask for.

They play fast, avoiding what they dont need to fight and getting to the next shrine or quest objective is the goal.

They leave no man behind, If you get lost rest assured someone is coming back for you.

They accept defeat well, when it does happen, or has happened, Ive never heard complaints. Its usually just " oh.. to bad. Sell & repair we will try again in 5 mins"

Exclusive loot is handled very simply. When stuff pops in a chest, a question is asked....... "who needs it?"

- If the person who pulls it needs it, he takes it.
- if anyone else in the party needs it, its reassigned ... in a few instances myself (as the pugger) and a guild member of DDO Korea wanted the same item. In these cases it was always given to a guildy (understandable) I was always given an apology and a person promise from the group leader to get something comparable from the next chest, if something should come up that I want. The leaders have made good on those promises each time.

They fearless way they play has me thinking that quests are only as hard as you make them.

Great guys if you get the chance to play with them and welcome my parties anytime (not that I know or even care what guild someone is in before I click the invite button........ but welcome all the same)

Just thought I'd post a good play experience for a bit of a change in the forums.

Gotta mix it up once in a while

Grond
03-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Just wanted to say that after grouping with their guild and guild members pretty often over the last few months, that I find them not only to be top shelf players but also a good group of guys.

Granted, we dont understand each other perfectly, so lots of chit-chat and odd nuances get lost here and there; but when it comes to quests most of the guild sems to know them very well.

Mazes and puzzles are done pretty quickly, buffs are given out extremely quickly and once done you wont find there is more than 1 you may have to ask for.

They play fast, avoiding what they dont need to fight and getting to the next shrine or quest objective is the goal.

They leave no man behind, If you get lost rest assured someone is coming back for you.

They accept defeat well, when it does happen, or has happened, Ive never heard complaints. Its usually just " oh.. to bad. Sell & repair we will try again in 5 mins"

Exclusive loot is handled very simply. When stuff pops in a chest, a question is asked....... "who needs it?"

- if anyone else in the party needs it, its reassigned ... in a few instances myself (as the pugger) and a guild member of DDO Korea wanted the same item. In these cases it was always given to a guildy (understandable) I was always given an apology and a person promise from the group leader to get something comparable from the next chest, if something should come up that I want. The leaders have made good on those promises each time.

They fearless way they play has me thinking that quests are only as hard as you make them.

Great guys if you get the chance to play with them and welcome my parties anytime (not that I know or even care what guild someone is in before I click the invite button........ but welcome all the same)

Just thought I'd post a good play experience for a bit of a change in the forums.

Agreed, I tend to hook up with them in the mornings, since that's my usual playtime. It's always a good group, as long as you don't mind crosstalk in a language you don't understand. :) Of course, I used to play Galaxies in a guild of German and Swedish folks, with a few Brits thrown in. I got used to not understanding alot of crosstalk. I also learned that mowing the grass wasn't yardwork, it was gardening. :D

AnubisPrime
03-24-2008, 10:33 PM
I've also played a few times in groups with some DDO Korea folks. I agree with everything the OP said. They are a great bunch of people!

Strykersz
03-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Shouldn't this be in a server forum or do they have offshoots on servers other than Ghallanda?

transtemporal
03-24-2008, 11:12 PM
You mean countries that don't speak english natively can be OK too? Thats just super!

Karr
03-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Not only is all the previous true, they very patiently put up with drunken idiots and n00bs. I watched one of their players put up with a moron even I couldnt stand, and he wasnt being rude to me. After the 2nd party wipe we stopped asking him nicely to leave the guy alone and just booted him.

All the DDO Korea guys I've run with have been a Class Act all the way.

Uska
03-24-2008, 11:58 PM
I have played with this guild as well and will never hesitate to do so again always good to have in a group.

Cinwulf
03-25-2008, 08:54 AM
I've never had a problem with DDO Korea guys :)

Oreg
03-25-2008, 08:56 AM
I will second the notion that the vast majority of them are very good players. In fact I will throw out a kudos to Kiha who my guild grouped with in GH last night - excellent player!

Oreg
03-25-2008, 08:58 AM
You mean countries that don't speak english natively can be OK too? Thats just super!

There ya go. Excellent contribution. :D

Josh
03-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Aye, same here. I've never had any issues with anyone from their guild, and in fact they have been top notch players. Damaged Inc has no qualms pugging with them.

apious1
03-25-2008, 10:08 AM
/Signed.

Although I like to make fun of them when I am in a group with them since I imagine they are doing the same in their own language. :) BTW, I will also say that they take very odd builds and find ways to make them effective/work. A shame MMO's do not have any kind of voice chat translators. I also love that they can get away with just saying "haste", "Haste", "HASTE"...I always get yelled at myself when I demand haste like they do.

Brutous
03-25-2008, 10:12 AM
I have heard nothing but good things from those guys.
They work as a team.

/signed.

smatt
03-25-2008, 11:24 AM
/signed

They also have some realyl interesting tactics.... They come up with ways to do quests, I'd never dream of.... Generally a good group of folks, more so than MANY a US based group I'll tell you that. Very little arrogance, very little whinny little ***** I'm better than everybody types in DDO Korea. :)

Mindspat
03-25-2008, 03:32 PM
They're a top notch group of players that Ghallanda is lucky enough to have.

Drider
03-25-2008, 04:29 PM
Well they are Koreans.. don't they jump out of the womb with a gamepad in hand? :D

and I agree with the above.. good bunch of guys and gals.

Stormanne
03-25-2008, 06:56 PM
Haven't had the pleasure of running with the DDO Korea folks...

Did run with DDO China a couple of times, but got bored. All they wanted to do was loot runs in GH

suitepotato
03-26-2008, 08:26 PM
What about people from countries whose native language is English but they cannot effectively communicate in that either? Yeah, no mercy for those educationally challenged clowns! Take that America!

W/re: DDO Korea

DDO Korea is on Virus Clan's Officially Approved Perfect DDO Guilds list and that list is exactly one entry long.

Why? Never a single problem with ANY of their players EVER and LOTS of good reports and first hand experiences. I've watched as they turned Stormcleave on elite into a playground without exerting the slightest effort with players well below the target level and most of the builds were 28 pointers probably tossed together that morning. I am in awe.

Twerpp
03-29-2008, 05:45 AM
Theyre rockin like a hurricane and zerg like I wish I could.

Vhlad
03-29-2008, 05:55 AM
I've spent years playing starcraft with koreans.

They're good gamers.

Dozen_Black_Roses
03-29-2008, 06:11 AM
/signed

I played several times with them, and although yes there were language barriers, it was worked around. They definitely know the quests well, and there were a few times they tought me something new about a quest, I thought i knew everything about.

P.S. If they are reading this, Sanctify says hi :)

ddodevil
04-21-2008, 12:11 PM
My bad english does not let me to visit this forum often.

anyway, ty for saying that :)

We like this game. We like ppl who we play with. We love ppl who like us!!

We also learn a lot from you guys.

Ty again and have more fun with us!

.from oddlived.

leejinno
04-21-2008, 12:43 PM
kkkkkkkkk

orcbanian
04-21-2008, 12:43 PM
I've had 2 bad experiences with DDO Korea guys causing party wipes (One on Threnal, the other on Vons 3). But besides that, they're really good at what they do and enjoyable to game with. A good guild.

Not too sure about DDO Korea Season II, though...

Xalted_Vol
04-21-2008, 01:05 PM
These guys rock man and I nip in the bud any racist comments coming from the group immediatly even if they do not understand english. I do man and if your in my group you treat everyone with respect NO MATTER where they are from.

Mike_Ivory
04-21-2008, 01:15 PM
DDO Korea owns, very few problems arise when i am grouped with them, they always have alternative ways to get things done then the norm. Any chance i get to run with them i take. Big ups DDO Koerea!

wamjratl1
04-21-2008, 01:49 PM
I look for them if I am pugging. Friendly, efficient, cooperative. I think DDO Korea Season II might be someone's attempt to get in groups by piggybacking on the name.

Mookie_Mashfoot
04-21-2008, 06:00 PM
/signed

I have to agree as well. Everyone I've partied with from DDO Korea have been great guys! I'm always look to get into their groups when I can. =)

samho
04-21-2008, 06:39 PM
I look for them if I am pugging. Friendly, efficient, cooperative. I think DDO Korea Season II might be someone's attempt to get in groups by piggybacking on the name.

No, from what I've heard (in a PuG run, ok, I'm the only one been "pick up" :p) , it's someone click the disband button accidentally....... :D

Nevthial
04-21-2008, 07:02 PM
The folks with DDO Korea, do in fact , kick some serious butt. I quested with some several months back, doing favor runs for them. Their style of play and skill is unparalleled. We started off with Proof is in the Poison on elite. It was their first time in there and they made it look like a joke. Heck, we had trouble keepin' up and we knew the quest!!!!! Everything died and no-one even got a serious scratch. Five quests later and I was super impressed.

/bows to DDO Korea from a Chin Mu Kwan Federation student

Samadhi
04-21-2008, 07:24 PM
I've also played a few times in groups with some DDO Korea folks. I agree with everything the OP said. They are a great bunch of people!

Agreed/Signed/Whatever - I try to mirror DDO Korea's playstyle in everything I do (and have blacklisted folks that have gone negative towards "those plat farmers" on one unfortunate run).

reziel_deadshot
04-21-2008, 08:49 PM
I've had 2 bad experiences with DDO Korea guys causing party wipes (One on Threnal, the other on Vons 3). But besides that, they're really good at what they do and enjoyable to game with. A good guild.

Not too sure about DDO Korea Season II, though...

to bad DDO Korea Season II is the same guild as original DDO Korea ;) simply the old leader disban the guild and they restarted.

but i also have never run with such an enthusiastic group, i esp like oddived LOL!!! 13 wizard 1 barb 2 rogue warforged...tanking!! the reaver on elite with 1 cleric and 1 other caster...without dieing once and having the reaver down 1/5th of his heal before the fly was thrown out.

great guys, variations in builds, smart players, team players...all around A++++ 10/10

leejinno
04-22-2008, 01:34 AM
i'm memver of Ddo korea S2

the member of DDO KOREA season2 is perfectly same with DDO KOREA

because of someone's mistake/DDO KOREA is disbanded : (

then we think something funny thing

that's DDO KOREA SEASON II :)

i didnt want to misunderstanding of u

in conclusion DDO KOREA = DDO KOREA SEASON II

plz welcome us

KatanAztar
04-22-2008, 02:42 AM
sosuno is emperor chun je!

Samadhi
04-22-2008, 02:52 AM
i'm memver of Ddo korea S2

the member of DDO KOREA season2 is perfectly same with DDO KOREA

because of someone's mistake/DDO KOREA is disbanded : (

then we think something funny thing

that's DDO KOREA SEASON II :)

i didnt want to misunderstanding of u

in conclusion DDO KOREA = DDO KOREA SEASON II

plz welcome us

I will always welcome you :)

환영받는, 제마음대로 써도 좋은, 기쁜

Mike_Ivory
04-22-2008, 03:09 AM
Yes big welcome to the new DDO KOREA SEASON II, classic name fellas

Zedim
04-22-2008, 06:33 AM

Lies! All LIES!

wamjratl1
04-22-2008, 08:11 AM
And not only are these guys pretty much amazing players, but they manage to type in party chat, in a foreign language no less, while still being uber. How do they do it?!??!?!:eek:

Justicesar
04-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Uber guild??? Ya right I've seen an even amount of good and bad from them. They have a good mix of quality players but the wipes I have seen due to bad moves lead me to believe they are on par with most guilds that number more than 3 to 5 guys who thump their chest all the time for attention.

Cowdenicus
04-22-2008, 08:59 AM
DDO Korea are decent guys......

I mean they aren't like Vanash or Nuking good, but then few are, few are. :D

I have run with alot of them, trust me there are alot (and I mean ALOT) worse guilds to run with.

Gunga
04-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Oddlived is a DDO superstar.

iruka41
04-23-2008, 07:09 AM
Hey folks,

First of all, I'm just a normal member of DDO KOREA Season II,
so this is not an official comment or anything.

To mention the naming 'Seaon II' first,
we had a trouble in picking a new guildmaster and successor, accidently pressed 'Disband' button, the guild disbanded.
Therefore we hurried to make a new one, with same members of couse, with slightly different name :D
So yes, it's the same guild, just the name changed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here goes some brief history. (Obviously as fas as I know and remember)
You don't like it, you skip it :>

I started this game 2 years ago. I checked forum, picked a server with the most threads in its server forum.
That was Ghallanda (at that time). Fortunately there were Koreans like me, so we kept in touch over IRC channels.
(That way we could chat in our own language.)

As the game goes successfuly, there was a news that this game will be published in Korea too.
A lot of Korean gamers wanted to expirience this game faster.
So they came to IRC, asked us what server to pick, we told them to pick Ghallanda for most of us were there.
And there was the first Korean Boom in Ghallanda (long time ago). I don't remember that stage as a good one.
There was a lot of 10-day-trial people and some of them didn't care about relationships and attitude.

As the Korean server opens, people left Ghallanda so rapidly, leaving only couple of us behind.
So we made a single guild, name was 'Mucho Kin', very small guild.
I started to make my toons 'self-sufficient' since we mostly play with a small group like 3-5 members.
(like rogue/ranger, battle cleric, WF wizzy, etc)
That was like a year ago.

Unfortunately, traslated version of DDO wasn't that successful in Korea
and the server went down even before they finish the beta service.
Some people say it was because the nature of most Korean gamers, like Ash2, DAoC, Everquest failed too in Korea.

Anyways, loyal players who lost their server started to come back to Ghallanda,
and this time they were willing to pay for the right game (not beta-testing for free).
At first it was mostly single Korean guild people called 'Gladiator' moved from Korean server to Ghallanda,
but the name became 'DDO Korea' and started to gather more and more Korean players who still wanted to play DDO
even with the language barrior.

(Personaly I stopped to play DDO for about a half year at this stage until a month ago,
so I contribued nothing on the guild-making. Moreover I don't know the story meanwhile :))

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several months have passed, and here we are.
I translated comments above and put it on our guild forum. (without any permissions from you guys, my appoogies)
They really love it :D and saying 'Wow I must be careful when PUGing if they expect me to be good too >_<'

I have to say this first that I am not that good enough. I always get lost in dungeons lol.
It took me a year to get my first Vorpal, never expirienced Abbot raid yet, etc...
(Maybe some of you in Ghallanda might remember me, my toons have following names:
'Melee', 'Consilience', 'Ginseng', 'Tinydrow', 'Ooze', 'Maurin', 'Teer', 'Adamanton')

Besides me, we have quite a number of extreme players of course, like the most guild does.
But if you felt it was a little more than that, this might be able to explain some:

In Korea there is a lot of online games to choose from, and a lot of them are FREE or half-free.
Not only it's all in our native language, but also servers are in Korea so there's no connection problems.
In spite of all these, we chose to play DDO in Ghallanda,
buying the package, paying monthly fees, struggling with English,
because we LOVE this game :D
There is not much 'well lets try this game' typo people in our guild.

One more thing, we speak Korean to each other even when there's someone who can't.
At first (when I first came back and joined DDO Korea) I used to send a tell personally to say plz excuse us,
but I stopped doing that because I always get the same reply:
"No prob man I played with you guys lots of time, go ahead"
You people are so nice :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now with these compliments,
my 'Ginseng' (lvl6 1Barb/5Sorc) might have to spam more and more haste scrolls in PUG,
to show that I'm not a gimped member of DDO Korea, which always make the toon broke lol.

You guys are making us better. Thanks a lot for what you've said up there.

Again, this is not an official comment or anything from DDO Korea Season II.
I'm just an old gamer who recently joined DDO Korea.

Maybe Oddlived comes here and tell us more story :P

Dracolich
04-23-2008, 07:30 AM
I think there are some people (myself I was guilty of it ) assumed when they saw DDO Korea that equalled money farmer. I am sure now I and the people who thought that were wrong. I have had nothing but above average runs with anyone with DDO Korea in the group. That being said I wanted to apologize for myself and others who assumed the worse.

I was running a few quests with DDO Korea and even though there was a language barrier they managed to help me through the quest with no words to me at all. I followed them and if they needed me to do something they would swing their weapon at a switch or in the direction I needed to go. Overall an interesting time with no deaths.

Cowdenicus
04-23-2008, 07:31 AM
I remember when I first seen people with the DDO Korea tag, I would send them tells and ask if they were really Korean. :D

ddodevil
04-23-2008, 08:17 AM
Oddlived is a DDO superstar.

who said that!

Cowdenicus
04-23-2008, 08:18 AM
who said that!

Thanks for the abbot fun last night Oddlived. :D

ddodevil
04-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Hey folks,

Again, this is not an official comment or anything from DDO Korea Season II.
I'm just an old gamer who recently joined DDO Korea.

Maybe Oddlived comes here and tell us more story :P

Well, thx for note iruka :)

here comes more story.

It was 'gladiator' and 'dionysos' who first made this guild in gallanda. What they did here was invitating every korean players who miss DDO after server goes down. I was one of them. DDO Korea could not be exist without there efforts.

Sadly, they had to leave DDO soon for there real life. Then Papyra leaded us for half a year. He was a good leader, made us enjoy this game beside the language barriers and also helped koreans try to learn more english. I was playing as a Raid-manager at this stage.

We tried to support newcommers when some of us could not overcome that 'Language Barrier' and left again. Some of us made new lowbie toons to play with new members, while some of us gave big amount of plat for potion&scrolls to new members. We also had problems with payment methods, like not-working creditcard or lack of imported DDO packages. People who suffered those problems earlier helped them to make it sure.

Yes, we are a good group I think. I`m very proud of it. Not about quality of play, about friendship of our guild.

So glad to see a post that is telling us we`re doing fine. But do not overestimate us please. We just want to have fun here just like you guys.

leejinno
04-27-2008, 02:10 AM
k k

GlassCannon
04-27-2008, 02:29 AM

I wonder if they have houses available... I'd fit right in., so long as I hid behind a computer. Pale white and nearly 6's tall stands out a bit.

I'll be looking up the said gamertag... are there any other countries like this or is Korea exclusive in their pursuits?

Edit: New Zealanders are also very friendly and quite excellent players.

Amaras
04-27-2008, 04:38 AM
New Zealanders are also very friendly and quite excellent players.

Canucks are even better players, and more friendly :cool: (But they would never tell you that because they are too polite:rolleyes:)

Anyways, I love playing with the DDO Korea guild, They are always funny (even tho 90% of the time I can't understand it) and any commands they give in a quest are direct and accurate. "Pull, stay, run, walk, right, left, straight, <Random korean curse words when a wipe happens>, Thank you"

I honestly couldn't care what language or culture I am gaming with aslong as you can get your point accross when its important to the party :D