PDA

View Full Version : Minos Legens Replacement.....

Aspenor
03-24-2008, 11:12 AM
I like planning characters and items far in advance (as many of us do) and I wanted to run this idea past the DDO forums crafters and see what you think, and make sure my idea is feasible.

Green Steel Helm +

Altar #1 -
+EM

Altar #2 -
EEM

Altar #3 -
+EM & EEM = Aspect of Mineral II???

Result -
+45 Hit Points
+6 Constitution Skills
Protection +5
Heavy Fortification
Stoneskin 2x/day

Did I miss anything?

Oreg
03-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Nice looking helm.

Aspenor
03-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Nice looking helm.

I sorta HAD to come up with SOMETHING to do with this Green Steel helm I got stuck with. In the original release of the DDOWiki crafting section there was a typo in the crafting of green steel goggles which resulted in my creating a helm instead of a set of goggles.

Before I knew they were "bind on equip" I slapped in on to show a buddy that it looked just like the Helm of Mroranon.

Oooops....

Now I all I need is a cleansing stone :p

Slayer918
03-24-2008, 11:17 AM
Yup looks about right... you'll get 45 hp not 40 (10 +15 +20)

Aspenor
03-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Yup looks about right... you'll get 45 hp not 40 (10 +15 +20)

Oh, okay, thanks Conor. I guess in flip flopping from page to page I saw 15 for tier III and not 20. Even better. Awesome :)

redoubt
03-24-2008, 11:30 AM
What about both?

Not that you cannot do what you are talking about, but a possible alternative would be keeping mino legion AND crafting another item with HP. You could even skip the double supreme shard and get the quick 45hp.

Aspenor
03-24-2008, 11:32 AM
What about both?

Not that you cannot do what you are talking about, but a possible alternative would be keeping mino legion AND crafting another item with HP. You could even skip the double supreme shard and get the quick 45hp.

Well I could do that but that's taking all the FUN out of replacing Minos Legens!!! Since the 45 hit points will always outstrip the number from the toughness feat, I can stand to lose 18 HP to replace it with +6 to concentration (I'm talking about for a sorc here) and +27 hit points.

At the rate I'm going, the only slot I'll have left to rotate items will be my necklace. I could craft straight hit points on a necklace and say screw the heavy fort, but I was gonna save the necklace until I either got a torq or have two cleansing stones so I can craft an uber necklace.

malnon
03-24-2008, 12:13 PM
So the HP will stack on top of each other?

Aspenor
03-24-2008, 12:15 PM
So the HP will stack on top of each other?

the hit points on one item will stack

if you craft 2 hit points items, i don't think they will stack.

Erekose
03-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Well I could do that but that's taking all the FUN out of replacing Minos Legens!!! Since the 45 hit points will always outstrip the number from the toughness feat, I can stand to lose 18 HP to replace it with +6 to concentration (I'm talking about for a sorc here) and +27 hit points.

At the rate I'm going, the only slot I'll have left to rotate items will be my necklace. I could craft straight hit points on a necklace and say screw the heavy fort, but I was gonna save the necklace until I either got a torq or have two cleansing stones so I can craft an uber necklace.

Hey Az, Kit tested whether the toughness feat on the helm would unlock enhancements. As of about 4 weeks ago it did, this could be a bug and may be fixed in the future. This might not affect your sorc, but the helm also saves on taking a feat and could be useful for toons wanting to take toughness enhancements for more HP.

Aspenor
03-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Hey Az, Kit tested whether the toughness feat on the helm would unlock enhancements. As of about 4 weeks ago it did, this could be a bug and may be fixed in the future. This might not affect your sorc, but the helm also saves on taking a feat and could be useful for toons wanting to take toughness enhancements for more HP.

I remember reading somewhere about this, and I don't really remember if it was a bug or working as intended. As you mentioned though, it won't affect my sorc.

Talcyndl
04-05-2008, 08:49 AM

I am almost sure that the Minos Legos Toughness does NOT open up the toughness enhancement lines.

Kromize
04-06-2008, 01:13 PM
I like planning characters and items far in advance (as many of us do) and I wanted to run this idea past the DDO forums crafters and see what you think, and make sure my idea is feasible.

Green Steel Helm +

Altar #1 -
+EM

Altar #2 -
EEM

Altar #3 -

Result -
+45 Hit Points
+6 Constitution Skills
Protection +5
Heavy Fortification
Stoneskin 2x/day

Did I miss anything?

You stole my helmet! :)

but ya, thats what it will come out too. :P

And to think, I was once told I was an idiot for gettin rid of minos legens, lolz

LeLoric
04-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Is this for a caster cause you really dont gain a whole lot unless you are a max ac build the protection 5 is weak you do get some concentration skills which is ok i guess and a few hp. As a replacement to a item slot starved melee though i see this as a really nice replacement even better to a ranger or paly with the concentration as ive had more than a few cure spells get interrupted in the midst of melee.

Velorn
04-07-2008, 10:57 AM

Green Steel Helm +

Altar #1 -
+EM

Altar #2 -
EEM

Altar #3 -

Result -
+45 Hit Points
+6 Constitution Skills
Protection +5
Heavy Fortification
Stoneskin 2x/day

Did I miss anything?

Nope missed nothing. Very nice helm BTW.

All my fighter types have over 350 HP (Freebee is at 406 without GFL) so I'm taking an alternate route to Mineral II. I'm going EOM, PEM and E/M (EOM/POM) dual shard on goggles. This gives each of them Greater Acid resistance (+30), +2 con skills, +15 HP, Stoneskin 2/day, +10 Acid resistance (stacking...+15 for Update 6.1), Heavy Fort and +5 Protection.

A total of +45 Acid resistance after update 6.1 will be quite nice.

Shyver
04-07-2008, 11:00 AM
I am almost sure that the Minos Legos Toughness does NOT open up the toughness enhancement lines.

It does. As to whether or not it is a bug or acting as intended I can't tell you.

Aspenor
04-09-2008, 08:37 AM
Is this for a caster cause you really dont gain a whole lot unless you are a max ac build the protection 5 is weak you do get some concentration skills which is ok i guess and a few hp. As a replacement to a item slot starved melee though i see this as a really nice replacement even better to a ranger or paly with the concentration as ive had more than a few cure spells get interrupted in the midst of melee.

Lel, I obviously could give a **** about the protection +5, you know me with casters. AC no bueno. I get the +6 concentration, heavy fort, hit points, and save some mana on stoneskin every day.

And I probably won't craft this for my caster for a long time to come. I have a rogue and wizard to craft for as well.

And besides it's just an idea. It's a nice item for any character IMHO.

Mhykke
04-09-2008, 08:39 AM
It does. As to whether or not it is a bug or acting as intended I can't tell you.

It's a bug b/c it doesn't do it for everyone. None of my characters that don't have the toughness feat (and would get enhancements) but wear the helm have the enhancements opened for them.

I'm guessing it's a bug, and I wouldn't come to depend on it.

Shyver
04-09-2008, 08:41 AM
I'm guessing it's a bug, and I wouldn't come to depend on it.

That's what I would go with too. And for the record, all my characters have the toughness feat so nothing to worry about. :cool: