PDA

View Full Version : Crafting question/confirmation

esoitl
03-24-2008, 08:16 AM
Props to everyone who has posted crafting info here, I wish I could have the time to explore more in depth with it and actually help out but with one character at the level of the Shroud it's just not possible to get enough to keep up....

As of now though, I have my Greensteel and am planning it out but have a few questions on the mechanics as I haven't upgraded yet. I got the machanics of making the imbued shards and all and I can understand that part but how many shards can you add to the Greensteel at each level? I think one guide said only one per but there are screens of the 3rd tier showing the Greensteel with two supreme shards being added. I also understand that there can only be one 3rd tier upgrade and once that happens it can no longer be modified. Is the 3rd tier the only one where you can add two imbued shards? If not, do I have to use both imbued shards at the same time or can I do one, then upgrade with the second at a later time?

Lorien_the_First_One
03-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Props to everyone who has posted crafting info here, I wish I could have the time to explore more in depth with it and actually help out but with one character at the level of the Shroud it's just not possible to get enough to keep up....

As of now though, I have my Greensteel and am planning it out but have a few questions on the mechanics as I haven't upgraded yet. I got the machanics of making the imbued shards and all and I can understand that part but how many shards can you add to the Greensteel at each level? I think one guide said only one per but there are screens of the 3rd tier showing the Greensteel with two supreme shards being added. I also understand that there can only be one 3rd tier upgrade and once that happens it can no longer be modified. Is the 3rd tier the only one where you can add two imbued shards? If not, do I have to use both imbued shards at the same time or can I do one, then upgrade with the second at a later time?

You need 1 shard for each level. For 3rd level you have the option of using 2 shards for a supercharged 3rd tier.

One of the best step by step descriptions out there can be found at:

http://ddo.enterwiki.net/page/Crafting

esoitl
03-24-2008, 09:03 AM
cheers, maybe it was just wishful thinking on others' parts beforehand but i heard talk of dual bursting weapons which seems like it would require two different shards at each level to achieve