PDA

View Full Version : 1st Tier Power Shard Drop Rates

SWardCo
03-09-2008, 06:14 PM
By now there are many threads relaitng to the drop rates or lack of drop rates for the first tier power shard. I would like everyone to type in what they have been getting as a group.

12 people, not a single shard

Daevanus
03-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Personally:

1st run, 1-4 (norm): 2nd tier shard
2nd run, completion (norm): 1st, 3rd tier shards
3rd run, completion (norm): 1st, 2nd, 3rd tier shard (1st and 2nd tier shards donated to people in the PUG that didn't have shards yet)

So... not seeing too much of an issue, yet. Mind you, these were just what I got for drops. I'm aware of at least two other shards dropping on each run.

Justicesar
03-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Wow......quit while you are ahead. Six Shards in 3 runs.....thats off the hook. 4 toons ransacked....some twice and I only have 4 reg shards to speak of. Ya, somethings not right here but oh well.

Lorien_the_First_One
03-09-2008, 08:00 PM
About 15 runs and I've pulled 4 2nd tier shards, and I was given my only 1st tier shard.

DaveyCrockett
03-09-2008, 08:03 PM
I seem to see one Shard of Power every 2 runs on average.
2 Shards of Great Power every 1 run on average. (We do the puzzles every time)
1 Shard of Supreme Power every 2 runs on average. (We don't do part 5 when farming ingredients)

(This is for the group, not my personal pulls).

Those are rough estimates, I haven't documented our actual results.

Pyromaniac
03-09-2008, 08:43 PM
I would say I see 2 shard of power drops per group every 2-3 runs. Though a lot of times it seems like some toons pull way more than others.

My cleric - 1 shard in 6 runs
My rogue - 2 shards in 12 runs
My sorc - 0 shards in 40+ runs

Arnya
03-09-2008, 09:47 PM
12 Shroud runs on the same character

3 Small power shards

3 Medium power shards

0 Large power shards

50% hit rate :)

This is for me not the group, I usually see 1-4 shards per chest...

Aspenor
03-10-2008, 11:06 AM
I must be one of the luckiest people in DDO.

I average almost 1 small or medium shard PER RUN.

It's like I have a flag for them or something.

Oran_Lathor
03-10-2008, 11:10 AM
By contrast, I must be one of the least lucky people in game. I've run my wizard through there a LOT of times... guessing 20+ and have yet to get a small shard... I've pulled one 2nd tier (and had another given to me), and gave away one supreme shard. But yea.. I've had pretty good luck with loot since launch - I guess this one quest just hates me. :(

Aodh
03-10-2008, 11:23 AM
My bank account is overflowing with the medium shards, but I think I've only pulled one of the tier 1 shards (and used it already). Don't the medium shards drop in parts 2 and 3? That's 6 chests vs only 2 chests for part 1.

Beherit_Baphomar
03-10-2008, 11:24 AM
I pull greater and supreme every time Im in there.

Out of three characters Ive pulled one 1st tier.

Aspenor
03-10-2008, 11:25 AM
I pull greater and supreme every time Im in there.

Out of three characters Ive pulled one 1st tier.

Come with AM sometime. I'll give you one if you still need it.

Delt
03-10-2008, 11:31 AM
My bank account is overflowing with the medium shards, but I think I've only pulled one of the tier 1 shards (and used it already). Don't the medium shards drop in parts 2 and 3? That's 6 chests vs only 2 chests for part 1.

I hope yer kiddin. Once you pull 2 shards of a given type on a character, you should just give the rest away. It is 2 chests versus 6 (though part 2 has a lower drop rate)...but it isn't all that hard to start a Part 1 farm group, so I've never found it to be a problem.

The drop rate on Shards of Power is fine. All of my characters have 2 each. The 2 chests versus 6 chest scenario (plus the fact that less people give them away) makes it seem as if the drop rate is lower than it should be.

insania2016
03-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Kind of silly that you have to "farm" the quest to get these items. What happens when you ransack the chests trying to get the ones you want?

Aspenor
03-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Kind of silly that you have to "farm" the quest to get these items. What happens when you ransack the chests trying to get the ones you want?

You complete the quest and wait for your quest reset timer, instead of keep looting. ;)

Delt
03-10-2008, 11:41 AM

Shards are the equivlent of "raid loot". You want a raid loot piece to drop for you every time, instead of the usual ~20%. I get it...I do too. I also want vorpals, smiters, +5 mithril fearsome fullplate and tome pages to fall out of every chest as well...but I'm not gonna cry when it doesn't happen.

tihocan
03-10-2008, 11:45 AM
I think they should decrease the drop rate of great shards more than drop the rate of regular ones ;)

oronisi
03-10-2008, 11:47 AM
The shroud raid was built so that you run Part 1 the most, followed by Part 2, then Part 3, then Part 4, and running through parts 1-5 will be run the least. Add that all up and you get a lot more pulls from the 1st chests than the others.

It turns out with the way we've been running it, 1-3 and 1-4 runs are the most common. If you are having problems with the 1st part droprates, I suggest making Part 1 only shroud groups for a bit.

insania2016
03-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Shards are the equivlent of "raid loot". You want a raid loot piece to drop for you every time, instead of the usual ~20%. I get it...I do too. I also want vorpals, smiters, +5 mithril fearsome fullplate and tome pages to fall out of every chest as well...but I'm not gonna cry when it doesn't happen.

I wasn't clear in my post...

I was expanding my thoughts to other ingredients as well. Shards is one thing but other ingredients still have be farmed from quests.

Angelus_dead
03-10-2008, 12:55 PM
The shroud raid was built so that you run Part 1 the most, followed by Part 2, then Part 3, then Part 4, and running through parts 1-5 will be run the least.
No, it wasn't.

Maybe the developers thought it was built like that, at some point in the past. But there is nothing in the quest design that would encourage someone to complete phase 1 any more times than you do 1-3. If it's supposed to be "You might fail phase 2 and not get the chest"... then that is a joke.

Oh, and the idea that part 3 is completed less than part 2 is even more of a joke. What kinds of fools would do phase 2 and then not spend 3 minutes smashing crystals for additional chests from phase 3?