PDA

View Full Version : Crash n' Burnage

Trugaard
02-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Did everything right (I think) got ddolite loaded and once logged on tried to switch in UI to it. Once It switched the computer completely froze and shut down client. I was then unable to log in with that Character. So like a brilliant Dwarf I logged on with another guy and tried to switch the UI skin, same thing. Now I have two characters I cannot log in as. So I deleted the whole ddolite and restarted then everything worked normally again.

I want skinning, I think it would be great, but why won't turbine just make their own and allow them to be uploaded with the next patch? I don't see how that can be very difficult. Everyone wants color options and transparancy to a degree and I for one would like to minimize the thickness of some of the frames. Along with making some hotbars smaller (i.e. Tavern and safe area quick bars compared to combat and hasty quick bars) that would make me really happy.

Baervan
03-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Did everything right (I think) got ddolite loaded and once logged on tried to switch in UI to it. Once It switched the computer completely froze and shut down client. I was then unable to log in with that Character. So like a brilliant Dwarf I logged on with another guy and tried to switch the UI skin, same thing. Now I have two characters I cannot log in as. So I deleted the whole ddolite and restarted then everything worked normally again.

I want skinning, I think it would be great, but why won't turbine just make their own and allow them to be uploaded with the next patch? I don't see how that can be very difficult. Everyone wants color options and transparancy to a degree and I for one would like to minimize the thickness of some of the frames. Along with making some hotbars smaller (i.e. Tavern and safe area quick bars compared to combat and hasty quick bars) that would make me really happy.

I agree. Complete UI skins might be what some people are after but like you said, there should be an in game ability to customize the default UI's color, transparency, border sizes and fonts/font sizes. :)

DGK2000
03-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Some kind of language like LUA would be nice, some people might want to write mods like they have for WoW. Complete UI customization can be very nice.