PDA

View Full Version : Need help in school

Elvish_Ranger
02-10-2008, 04:45 PM
hi i have a survay i just need emailed back to me if you want to help me out that would be great. i will post it hear but will need to have it emailed back to me if you want to help to keep information confidential

This survey is for educational purposes only, its an assignment for school. All information will be confidential and is just used to help me write a report based on the information you provide. There will be no names collected just answers to questions. If you have any questions about this please contact me at taprootlp@yahoo.com.

This study is to determine if all you need is a high school diploma or a college education to make it in todays job market.

1 What is the highest level of education you reached?
7-10, 11-12, some college, A.S., B.S., higher

2.Does your career require a college education?

3.If you dont have a college education did you attend a trade school?
4.How did you qualify for the position you achieved and did your education make any difference in it?
5.What is your household income? Circle one
20k-30k, 31k-50k, 51k+
6.Do you think taking your education farther will advance your carreer?
7.Have you moved around in employment in your carreer and if so what were the reasons for the change of emloyer?
8.What is the longest time you have held employment?

Thank you for your input on this survay, again your information will remain anonymous and will not be contacted in reguards to any information you gave for this questioneer. Thank you.

Riorik
02-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Here's a few thoughts for your survey.

On #5, you probably should have more options - more ranges - 51K+ is really pretty low
Of course, this is dependent on whether you have the choice to modify this.

#8 - you might want to be more specific - do you mean with a single employer or just generally staying employed? Gaps of what length count as employment/lack of employment (or are gaps even relevant?)

Ghoste
02-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Here's a few thoughts for your survey.

On #5, you probably should have more options - more ranges - 51K+ is really pretty low
Of course, this is dependent on whether you have the choice to modify this.

#8 - you might want to be more specific - do you mean with a single employer or just generally staying employed? Gaps of what length count as employment/lack of employment (or are gaps even relevant?)
51K is low in relative terms yes, but if the objective is determining how much is needed to "make it" in this economy, looking at the low end would be the logical place to start. Making over 51K a year is, the survey seems to assume, more than enough to get by.

Elvish_Ranger
02-11-2008, 03:31 AM
on number 5 yes its just relative since the average price in a moderate society of the us is about 16 dollars an hour to survive, 51k and up is a number that says i make enough

number 8 its just with one job, like as in what is the longest you have been employed with anyone employer

spyyder976
02-11-2008, 03:40 AM
I have several college degrees and still live in poverty...lots of time wasted for naught.