PDA

View Full Version : Found my first tome! Now what?

Nemonon
02-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Ok so i found my first +1 tome last night in Von5 on my barbarian Tonru. I know most of you are thinking so what i blew 6 of them on my lvl 1 32 point toon just yesterday...........but to me it was a big deal. only problem is it was a +1 char tome and i'd rather not make Tonru a little prettier with it.

I have a lvl 8 drow Sorc but he already has a 22 charisma with only a +2 item so i figured it wouldn't make much of a difference there either. So i want to hear what you guys did with your first tome! did you waste it not knowing any better? Did you make an uber character even better? Did you sell it for exuberant amounts of cash? lets here it guys!

xanvar
02-04-2008, 08:59 PM
found my one and only tome using my Cleric, it was +1 charisma I was so happy I eat it right there on the spot. Didn't think about saving it for a sorc trading to my paladin. Funny part is that I rarely play my cleric so I guess I wasted it.

Nemonon
02-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Nice! i knew more than one person had made that mistake. It took all my self control to stop Tonru from chewing it down even though it would have gotten me a 7 cha. = ) i guess the excitement gets the best of us sometimes lol.

captain1z
02-04-2008, 09:10 PM
The 1st one is always the most exciting. The feeling when you look on the list and your like OMG OMG a tome.

You wanna scream but it might not be a good idea to do so .......... so you hold it in.

Congrats man ... on your 1st.

As for what I did with my 1st.....................

- I recalled out of the quest so I could put it in the bank, didnt wanna risk it getting destroyed.
- it sat in storage for a month as I decided not to sell it (may not get another)
- eventually I decided which of my characters could benefit the most at the time and I let him use it

I cant really remember more than that.... but I will say......... no matter how many you have pulled They all are still useful.
even a wisdom tome on a fighter is a good thing......... there is always a character who can use it so never a need to sell it

even tho some people do............ guess it depends on your reasons for playing mostly.

Nemonon
02-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the great response cap! i kept staring at it at the rest shrine thinking of what to do with it lol........recalling out was definatly not an option since we were going for my first attempt at Velah. (which by the way we failed......= ( because both our clerics died before we got the pilars down) The tome definately softened the blow for me.......it was definatly my favorite experiance in DDO to date though. The art work for Velah was just amazing.

tihocan
02-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Use it on your sorcerer, it's hard to tell when +1 will be handy in the future, and you can take your +2 favor tome for Con for instance. +1 cha tomes don't sell so well on the AH, you could maybe get 50k pp or so for it.

Nemonon
02-04-2008, 11:39 PM
thanks for the tip tihocan. i guess i can take sorc charisma 1 and the tome will even me up at 24. now if i can just get that +4 charisma item he'd really be set.

Strakeln
02-04-2008, 11:55 PM
Eat it!

As Kargon might say, "Charismama tomes betteramer on Sorcamers, but very tasty for ugamly barbarian!"

/not very good at Kargonese

sirgog
02-05-2008, 05:43 AM
thanks for the tip tihocan. i guess i can take sorc charisma 1 and the tome will even me up at 24. now if i can just get that +4 charisma item he'd really be set.

Ask around for a +4 item, they are pretty common amongst experienced players who'll often be happy to give you one. Especially +4 Cha/+3 some random skill (level req 11) items.

Alternately, run the quests in Gianthold on normal, they drop quite a few +4-5 stat items (chance of +6 on the level 14 quests on elite, but that may be a little while off). Trial By Fire is particularly easy to do on normal if you get a group that know it backwards (the majority of players do).

IgorUnchained
02-07-2008, 07:35 PM
I found one tome (+1 Charisma) since I have been playing the game too. Luckily, the toon that found it was a Paladin, so he could use it on the spot and get a benefit from it. If it had been a barb toon or an INT tome, I probably would make a toon that could benefit from that tome and really plan it out so that I wouldnt reroll it later.

I have found 2 Rings of Feathers since I have been playing. One I keep on my main and the other I sold for close to a million gp. That money has gone a long way in funding my main and my lowbies. Selling it is an option if you can think of something that you could get for a couple hundred K that +1 Cha wouldnt give you.

Arnya
02-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Or post a trade in the market forums and get the tome you could use?

Sheezgame
02-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Maybe it's better to save the tomes for a 32 pt build to get the most out of it? I haven't got any yet so I dunno

isldur
02-15-2008, 05:38 PM
What server do you play on? I'll mail you a +4 char cloak if your on sarlona. :)