PDA

View Full Version : Skills/stats/feats

CodeguruXX
01-17-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm not sure what the point is of a virtually dead forum answering the questions prospective subscribers is but anyway what is the policy on all the different things you build your character with? I have just gotten to level 2 as a human wizard, and most of the skills I chose at creation I have been told are useless meaning the useful ones will never be at maximum. Also the feats, I chose toughness and apparently there are better ones than that to choose first. Do we just have to delete and restart when we find a build that doesn't work or is there a way to rework our stuff without losing the character?...

Codeguru

MrCow
01-17-2008, 12:15 AM
Do we just have to delete and restart when we find a build that doesn't work or is there a way to rework our stuff without losing the character?

Enhancement choices can be redone.

Feat choices can be redone.

Skill choices can NOT be redone.

Level choices can NOT be redone.

Ability stat choices can NOT be redone.

If you are not satisfied with your character in ways that can not be redone the only way to correct it is to remake it.

I'm not sure what the point is of a virtually dead forum answering the questions prospective subscribers is

Most of the people who post in DDO don't do it in the guest area. However, response times from other fellow players in the guest area is usually quite good.

Arianrhod
01-17-2008, 08:19 AM
The learning curve for DDO is pretty steep, almost everyone finds themselves rerolling at least once (unless they like sticking with an imperfect character for roleplaying/challenge/sentimental reasons), so I wouldn't sweat it too much. First characters are good for experimenting with, discovering what works for you and what doesn't, and learning the game. If you keep rerolling at level 2 every time you learn something new, the game gets pretty frustrating pretty fast. I'd say stick with your wizard if you're having fun with it, or try a few other characters if you want to experiment, then wait till mid-level (7 or 8) to reroll if you feel the need to start over. By then you should have a better feel for what you will enjoy playing to the top levels (wizards, for instance, can be pretty ineffective at the lowest levels, but it turns around for them by the midlevels, whereas melee characters and archers can experience the reverse).

Aspenor
01-17-2008, 08:21 AM
What skills did you take? And a human wizard has an extra feat, so toughness isn't the end of the world!!

You can always swap it out later....

What are your stats??? :D

tihocan
01-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Yep, don't worry, it's normal to be a bit lost and have to reroll your first character(s) to re-make them better :)

Oreg
01-18-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm not sure what the point is of a virtually dead forum answering the questions prospective subscribers is but anyway what is the policy on all the different things you build your character with? I have just gotten to level 2 as a human wizard, and most of the skills I chose at creation I have been told are useless meaning the useful ones will never be at maximum. Also the feats, I chose toughness and apparently there are better ones than that to choose first. Do we just have to delete and restart when we find a build that doesn't work or is there a way to rework our stuff without losing the character?...

Codeguru

One of the things I like about the new forum format is that posts appear in chronological order now regardless which forum they are in. I have responded to many more new players since this change because I see it as an active thread. So ask away, chances are you will get experienced answers.