PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Items

Flintsen
12-03-2007, 08:32 AM
+1 Wounding Great crossbow of Puncturing
+2 Ghost touch crossbow of greater undead bane

Plat offers are welcomed. Make offer here. Auction goes till 12/6 6:00 PM, I will update thread with new offers,

Lyletuba
12-04-2007, 01:32 PM
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=122194
Caveat Emptor

arrrcher
12-09-2007, 09:49 PM
beware of what? that if he doesnt like your price he will try to sell it somewhere else?

not sure why folks are uptight about auctions/posts like this. annoyed that your hypothetical bid of wealth that doesnt actually exist might not be good enough to win a non-existent item that you haven't paid your imaginary plat for anyway?

now, if you had actually given him plat and he failed to give you the item... that I understand.

but, as the seller states: his bow, his choice.

caveat emptor;)

btw, bump;)

BLAKROC
12-09-2007, 11:00 PM
if it's an auction thread that implies highest bidder by a certain time ( end of auction) win's. any thing else and it's not really and auction just a search for the most plat.

caveat wankerous

Flintsen
12-10-2007, 07:21 AM
I traded my +3 Ghost touch repeater of greater undead bane for:

+6 Dex Boots
+6 Con Belt
Heavy fort ring
+6 Str Gloves

So I chose to take that offer instead of taking 250k pp

Call me crazy but what would you do?

Sensei
12-10-2007, 08:19 AM
then an auction thread should have never of been started. Its just right to follow through with something like that. Expecialy with so much interest in the thread. (BTW, a min bid could have solved some problems)

Lyletuba
12-10-2007, 08:55 AM
beware of what? that if he doesnt like your price he will try to sell it somewhere else?

not sure why folks are uptight about auctions/posts like this. annoyed that your hypothetical bid of wealth that doesnt actually exist might not be good enough to win a non-existent item that you haven't paid your imaginary plat for anyway?

now, if you had actually given him plat and he failed to give you the item... that I understand.

but, as the seller states: his bow, his choice.

caveat emptor;)

btw, bump;)
The reason to beware was made clear by the posts above this one.

It’s funny how you say people shouldn’t care because this is all non-existent (the item and the pp) but then you imply that you could understand people being upset if someone had given him their imaginary pp and he didn’t give up his imaginary item.

To help you understand, why don’t you give me all the imaginary pp and items you have accumulated on your imaginary characters for free? It’s all imaginary, right? Being electronic or as you call it “imaginary” doesn’t mean social norms don’t apply or that the real world time spent accumulating it all doesn’t matter.

arrrcher
12-10-2007, 03:31 PM
I have to agree: the point of my post was obscured by my language.

I meant to say that imo, any method of selling an item is about the same as any other method. if the seller doesn't like the price, he doesn't have to sell it.

imaginary plat is important in that it takes real time to acquire it. my point was that if you didnt lose your plat because the auction goes bad, you didnt lose your plat.

so I am done; after all, you know what they say about arguing on the internet;)