PDA

View Full Version : Threnal East, Permadeath completion.

parvo
12-02-2007, 05:06 PM
http://www.mortalvoyage.com/screenie.html

Grats to memebers of Sublime who had the courage to face this dangerous quest!

apollojuly
12-03-2007, 08:56 AM
It's a shame that the xp is about *half* of a 7 minute run of a level 2-3 Waterworks chapter.....

apollojuly
12-03-2007, 09:10 AM
eaten by cube

Was that a permadeath group as well?

Mad_Bombardier
12-03-2007, 09:21 AM
eaten by cubeThat's an example of an unacceptable post here in the Achievments forum (or pretty much anywhere on the DDO forums).

Congrats to the Permadeath group!

MrCow
12-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Aye, congratz as well. I know if I were playing a Warforged in Permadeath I would avoid this quest like the plauge. Many of my characters end up dying twice due to the rust monster waves. :(

Aspenor
12-03-2007, 09:31 AM
eaten by cube

Finish it on elite with a level 6 and 7 group, I say that'd be post-worthy here. Doing it non-perma is a lot different than playing perma. In permadeath, even the Sewer Rescue can be a tough quest, especially on elite.

Strings
12-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Nice! I remember when our 4-man PD group decided to tackle eastern 3, it was in debate for a long time.

Since we play that we you are able to be rez'd by party members, the danger was that if a member dies and then Coyle dies, we get booted from the instance with no way of saving the dead member. The thrill of beating it was worth the risk, so I know exactly how you guys feel, my hat is off to you! well done!

parvo
12-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Was that a permadeath group as well?

Yes it's the oldest public PD guild in DDO.

parvo
12-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Aye, congratz as well. I know if I were playing a Warforged in Permadeath I would avoid this quest like the plauge. Many of my characters end up dying twice due to the rust monster waves. :(

:) I was a bit nervous and at first, and I spent some time "shielded up". But in the second run, I just decided, what the hell, and I whipped out the frost club of pure good and tried to beat them before they beat me. It was a gamble that worked in my favor. On the other hand, I had a big-bag-o-nuthin' for the Golems. In fact, I think someone was healing them on accident with some type of spell. Eventually, someone (I believe the Jacs, a married team that somehow plays one character) whipped out a Maul of Vengance and went to town.