PDA

View Full Version : When did they make Orange mini-boss mobs immune to Fascinate?

Dorian
11-17-2007, 10:56 PM
So I go into Gianthold today to do some solo quest runs. First stop is Trial by Fire.... first couple named trolls (orange) cannot be fascinated. They could be charmed.. but not fascinated. 3rd named troll I just danced and killed.

Next up was the Orc Lair. Get to the first named mini-boss and he can't be fascinated. I charm him, kill the other mobs around him, and then recall out to get perform items. (I thought they might have made some changes to perform or something... trying anything at this point). I went back in with 48 perform skill and still could not fascinate the guy.

So when did they nerf/fix fascinating orange mini-boss named mobs? I know you can still dance and charm them. ***?

Please give it a try to confirm what I'm finding. This is very frustrating.

Thanks.

Dorian
11-19-2007, 02:18 PM
come on... please give me a hand here fellow Bards... can you fascinate Orange Mobs?

Just take a quick run out to Gianthold and help me verify this.

This is a major nerf. When did it happen?

Schmackdown
11-19-2007, 03:58 PM
No. But who cares? You fascinate his posse then isolate him for a beatdown. What's the big deal?

Dorian
11-19-2007, 06:47 PM
No. But who cares? You fascinate his posse then isolate him for a beatdown. What's the big deal?
What's the big deal? The big deal is it used to work and now it does not... and nothing in patch notes.

Can't believe there is not more of an uproar about this. I'm sure the tactical small group and solo'ing bards hear what I'm saying.

Schmackdown
11-19-2007, 07:44 PM
I've never seen it reliably stick on orange mobs, and I've never expected it to.

I solo all the time and I could really care less. They can still be stunned, tripped, cursed, destructed, sundered and stat damaged.

Mad_Bombardier
11-20-2007, 09:28 AM
What's the big deal? The big deal is it used to work and now it does not... and nothing in patch notes.

Can't believe there is not more of an uproar about this. I'm sure the tactical small group and solo'ing bards hear what I'm saying.It's an extremely overpowered, broken ability. Until it's fixed with a saving throw for all mobs, I'm sure we'll see immunity to fascinate for boss mobs.