PDA

View Full Version : Greater Mark of Sentinel

Scaramouche
10-27-2007, 04:17 AM
Has anyone taken this? Is the Globe of Invulnerability at all useful? It seems to me like it'd stop fireball/lightning/flamestrike/magic missile, which is a lot of what casters like to use even at higher levels. I know it's static, so that's an issue but has anyone played with this? I imagine it's a rare build that takes this mark but I'm curious!

maddong
10-27-2007, 05:58 AM
I believe people use it against mindflayers too.

oronisi
02-14-2008, 03:10 PM
This is an old post but the human forums needs some love, so here goes:

I had that dragonmark chain on my human tank a while back. I found myself only really using it for 3 things:

1) For fun. Balls that make you lose and regain your buffs when running in and out of it...
2) In the beholder/mind flayer room in PoP.
3) When soloing vs casters.

I completely scrapped that guy due to him sucking, so I can't really say if it's worth it or not. If the middle one was resist energy instead of protection I would definitely try and work that dragonmark into a character, but as it stands...eh.

baddax
09-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Works excellent in runnning with the devils (searing light attack) and against any beholders as it the stops enervate level dain. other than that havent found much use for it. It has a very limited radius and a short duration as i couldnt afford extend as a feat. Also it is limited to here you are at when you cast it so you can not "target" an enemy and cast it on them. Probably going to swap it out soon.

Kalanth
01-03-2009, 08:30 AM
I took this only to the second feat and won't be going for the full mark. I had a buddy that loved to cast Globe of Invulnerability but it was never really a benefit to any fight that we were in. Great spell in PnP but not so much in DDO.

baddax
01-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Swapped out some time ago and havent looked back!

Kalanth
01-03-2009, 10:22 AM
I still make use out of the Protections and SoF when there is no cleric around. Maybe one day I will swap it out, but right now I am happy with two out of three.

Thoden
01-24-2009, 12:03 PM
Don't the extra dragonmarks also allow you to take more Deneith Intimidate enhancements, at the rate of +1 per extra level of the mark?

Scalion
02-11-2009, 07:43 PM
I think the protection vs. energy are great when combined with an energy resist from another player. The globe is situational, but in those instances where it's useful, it's a real lifesaver.

Red_Knight
02-24-2009, 11:06 PM
Speaking of the SoF dragonmark... I confused the heck out of a guy I was duoing with once on my pally. Right before a nasty room I hit his fighter with it, and he started asking where the cleric was.