PDA

View Full Version : Old event New style

Elvish_Ranger
10-10-2007, 12:00 AM
Before the server merge Sun War Academy on Lhazaar had a monthly contest, The Heavy Hitter Competiton I would like to bring this event to a server wide event.

The rules are simple
1. its a melee/ranged contest so that means no magic
2. anyone can enter
3. self buffs are allowed
4. Sorry to say wizzies/sorcs not allowed unless they melee

There will be a judge with groups going into the instance

ok here is the setup
first post a message here letting me know if your interested
after sign ups are done everyone will be required to pay a 5000plat entry fee

prizes are as follows
1st prize 40% of the pot + lvl12 or greater item i will supply
2nd prize 20% of the pot
3rd prize 10% of the pot
4th prize sybris shard
5th prize portable hole

any level can enter

Location: Kobald assault in the harbor on elite, meet in the leaky dinghy
rounds: 5 people go in with the most kills advancing to next round
1 judge per group/ need honest people to sign up to be judges
judge sneaks around makes sure no one uses magic spells,
if you die you better hope you still had the most kills or are close to the rez shrine

date: Saterday November 3rd 2007 3pm mountain time

Hopefully we have a good turnout on our home server it was a great contest with at most 18 entrants into the tournament.

Jefechao
10-10-2007, 11:25 AM
im in

Vinos
10-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Barbarian with maelstrom and greater cleave FTW.

Elvish_Ranger
10-10-2007, 06:16 PM
so vinos that count u in too

Vinos
10-10-2007, 06:19 PM
so vinos that count u in too

Sadly my barb is too low a level to stand a chance.

Elvish_Ranger
10-12-2007, 08:42 PM
ok so far there are only 3 to enter need alot more to have it work

Elvish_Ranger
10-19-2007, 02:05 AM
i think i have a total of 4 people for this contests if that is all its not even worth bothering, every always complains how there is no events goin on but then when they are posted no one enters

Daerius of the Blessed Blades
10-19-2007, 06:27 AM
i think i have a total of 4 people for this contests if that is all its not even worth bothering, every always complains how there is no events goin on but then when they are posted no one enters

Sorry- server events are fun but PvP is not my thing. Wish it could have turned out better for you though...maybe next time.

Karethon
10-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Sorry- server events are fun but PvP is not my thing. Wish it could have turned out better for you though...maybe next time.

It didn't sound like a direct PvP event to me. From the description it's 5 players tearing up Kobold Assault on elite for highest kills. It's a bit far out for me to say I could definitely attend (darn this RL and it's random events), but it sounds like fun.

Nataichal
10-19-2007, 11:10 AM
If I bug TIP about this, and we don't feel raid hungry that evening, probably would have 10+. (Though the entry/prize is a litle weak)

ehondajim
10-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Count me in

Elvish_Ranger
10-19-2007, 01:48 PM
to increase the prize i am willing to toss in random 20-25k plat bonus and make it a lvl 14 item, such as possible roll of the dice for any item i have, on is the ethereal bracers, but dont count on the prize just yet the plat yes but etheral let me pull another pair first hehe then i will deffinatly put on on the prize

Elvish_Ranger
10-19-2007, 01:52 PM
If I bug TIP about this, and we don't feel raid hungry that evening, probably would have 10+. (Though the entry/prize is a litle weak)

if you get 10 plus the 4 i already have plust the 25k plat im now throwing in here is the possible first place
15peeps at 5kplat each is 75kplat add my 25k plat that is 100kplat

1st place 40% is 40kplat plus a nice item with value at least 78kplat
2ndplace 20% is 20kplat
3rdplace is 10% 10kplat
plus i will bu tthe rest of plat to maybe bigges victor ie
player1 98kills
player2 30kill
player 3 30kills
player 4 30kills
player 5 12kills

so player 1 would be inline for a 30% purse bonus say player1 also wins the contest he now gets 70% of the pot plus the item

i think the reward is worth it

Daerius of the Blessed Blades
10-20-2007, 12:21 PM
It didn't sound like a direct PvP event to me. From the description it's 5 players tearing up Kobold Assault on elite for highest kills. It's a bit far out for me to say I could definitely attend (darn this RL and it's random events), but it sounds like fun.

Sorry for the semantics issues. Not in the "tavern brawl" sense, but still a slug fest competing against other players. Playing a bard, cleric or rogue most of the time makes this not my kind of competition.

I was mainly responding to the OP's disappointment that there wasn't more interest. I wish him well, but am not interested in these types of events.