PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect

Pyrus
09-28-2007, 06:35 AM
I just bought the game and i encounter problems connecting at the launcher screen part, it says
"Update Error
A problem was encountered while attempting to update the game.
The service may be down for maintenance.*Please try again later.
If you continue to experience problems, please check the support web site.

System.Exception: Catastrophic failure
(0x8000FFFF)"

Nuzek
02-16-2008, 04:01 PM
I'm getting the exact same message.

If you fixed it, what did you do?

Thanks!!

Altumus
02-16-2008, 05:13 PM
What os do you have? do you have a firewall or antivirus active? have you made sure to add exceptions for the game?

Nuzek
02-17-2008, 12:19 AM
I'm running XP SP2. No software firewall, running a Linux Smoothwall firewall. Using Avast anti-virus.

I have had it installed and running about 6 months ago. I did a re-install today and ran into this update error.

I've turned off Avast and tried it, no luck.

There are no changes on the firewall so I don't think that's it. As a last resort, I will try to remove the Smoothwall from the equation and see if it works then. If it does, then I'll need to figure out what to do on the firewall.

Nuzek
02-18-2008, 09:48 AM
I just tried logging into the forums and it said my subscription had run out. So I go to billing.turbine.com and realize that when I re-activated this weekend, the payment didn't go through (expired credit card #). So ... I hope that after having entered my current #, that the updates will work properly tonight when I get home from work.

Altumus
02-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Please let us know if they do not, if you have any further billing questions you can also contact account support at support.turbine.com

Nuzek
02-19-2008, 12:13 AM
It turns out that it's an issue with one of my network devices. When I connect via only the cable modem, it works. I'm working to get the port forwarding working, with no luck as of yet.

Nuzek
02-19-2008, 08:45 AM
It's all good. I think that my network firewall is the problem. It's a 133MHz Pentium, running Linux.

I was able to connect and create a new player. Didn't get any play time in as it was getting pretty late. Hope to get on again tonight.