PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a Dwarf Pali Build

Malus
09-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Hi All,

I have been reading the boards about different Pali builds and I think I know what I want to from a build and wanted to know if anyone has a similar build or could offer some advice. My other characters are bard12/rogue2, cleric14, Ranger14, WF Wiz5. I want to try a melee but really don't know the subtle differences to make it really effective.

What I want in the build:
- Dwarf for the race
- Dwarf axe as the primary weapon (I have collected a bunch of great Dwarf Axes in my travels)
- I want evasion so 2 levels of rogue are needed
- Be able to be self-sufficient/solo with him
- good DPS and hit points.
- Equipment isn't a concern, I have a +1 tome for each stat if needed, +6 stat items, +5 mfp/+5 mbp for armor, lots of axes, ring of shadow, etc so feel free to list the items.

Please post your advice or any builds you think I may like.

Thanks in advance for your help

Dworkin_of_Amber
09-12-2007, 02:56 PM
I would suggest looking at my "Paladin Build Guide" thread, then in the 3rd post (I believe) at the "Evasion Paladin Template". The initial build is for Human, but I think it has the translation to Dwarf in there as well. If not, then start with the Human Stats, and tweak for Dwarf. Drop the Kopesh Feat, as you get DA's, and change up the AP's for the Axe Attack (Axe Damage is less important).

You might also want to make room for a point or two of Dwarven Tactics. Obviously it will take Dwarven CON, so you can go alittle lower on starting CON and use those points for CHA.

Suggested starting stats: 17 / 13 / 15 / 10 / 9 / 12

And contrary to what some people will tell you, do *NOT* take Rogue at Level 1, unless you are trying to make a Trap-monkey version of this (in which case the stats are all messed up and won't work). Yes you get a lot more skill points @ Level 1 with going Rogue, *BUT* most of them are wasted, as you can't put more than 4 points into any one skill. Start Paladin, max UMD and Jump (or Balance). Take Rogue @ 8-9 or 10-11, and Fighter at 14.