PDA

View Full Version : New Cleric Advice/Questions

Khurse
08-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Hi All

GF is going to be starting the game this weekend, she wants to build a cleric
(it's what she's played in pretty much every game so far)
But- she says she's tired of just being a healbot, looking at the spells are there any builds towards the more "destructive" kind of cleric?
(She really likes the idea of blade barrier)

Will a cleric built to do spell damage work? Or is it a waste of time?

Also- notice people keep saying that turn undead isn't working for clerics, but I can't find anything that says how it doesn't work- can anyone take a minute and explain how it works?
(Or have a link that I've missed to such an explanation?)

Thanks for any help!

Placenta
08-18-2007, 07:19 AM
If she like blade barrier and other destructive spells then have her check into my build in my signature. If she wants to swing a club I am sure some other ppl have suggestions.

Placenta
08-18-2007, 07:28 AM
I forgot to ask if she is going to be playing on your account or not? In other words does she have 32pt build available to her? If she is doing it up 28 pt style(Not too much difference) just minus from the con if checking the build I posted. Also get her the character generator. Here (www.rjcyberware.com)

let her play with what she can make first and see if she likes it. Take care and I hope she likes the game!

Note to self: Get a chick that likes healing so you can play something other than your cleric.

Placenta
08-18-2007, 07:32 AM
If on Thelanis server will give some newbie stuff for her. So I can get it out of my bank!

gorloch
08-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Best low level spells is soundburst and command. This will get better the higher she gets and becomes alot of fun. Turn Undead is very broken in DDO. You have to dump alot of feats and enhancements just to get it to work some of the time, so really not worth all it should be. I would go with an increased Wis. If she wants to do meleeing I would suggest for her Str to be raised. If she doesn't awnt ot go toe to toe I wouldn't focus too much on Str and build up some of the other stats. Con is good to have raised not only for the sake of HPs but this also takes into account yoru concentration save. I hope she has fun. Clerics can be one of the funner classes to play but it also can get very demanding.

PIXA