PDA

View Full Version : The "other" Sorak

HAMANU
08-08-2007, 02:16 PM
HEY!!! You other Sorak out there...we need to talk. Send me a pm or find me in-game on one of my toons.

sorak_THE_ROGUE
08-11-2007, 01:53 AM
Dark Sun Ftw 8p

lauziv
08-12-2007, 01:35 AM
LMFAO! i know the sorak from fernia (irl) and he aint gonna b givin up HIS name. sry pal better start lookin for a new name :)

HAMANU
08-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Don't think I will, I'd rather keep the Ghallanda in there or do a PVP for it.

Jefro
08-21-2007, 01:25 PM
I had a character made few days after beta, and his name, hogarth is taken :p I had to go change it, and everyone should have gotten the reaver spam of my name change last night :D

HAMANU
08-21-2007, 02:39 PM
I must have missed it...

I have tried to change mine and here's what I did
/changename <new name> then I hit enter.
Not a **** thing happened. I don't know if it changes the surname or what.
Can anyone tell me what I did wrong and the right way to do it.
As for "the other Sorak" my offer to PVP for it still stands. Don't be a wuss. I'll make it fast and painful.

The_Cataclysm
08-21-2007, 03:14 PM
I must have missed it...

I have tried to change mine and here's what I did
/changename <new name> then I hit enter.
Not a **** thing happened. I don't know if it changes the surname or what.
Can anyone tell me what I did wrong and the right way to do it.
As for "the other Sorak" my offer to PVP for it still stands. Don't be a wuss. I'll make it fast and painful.

The name that you tried to change it to might have been taken already. If you try it again, check to see if their is an error message (so have error and general echoed on a chat tab).

Also you just type /changename followed by the new name you want without any invalid charaters, right? (no spaces, numbers, etc.)

Now, as for the other Sorak, if he were to pvp you and lose, are you going to pay for his name change?

Vinos
08-21-2007, 03:30 PM
I would laugh he was some tricked out uber-mage who Flesh to stoned you the second you entered the pit.

HAMANU
08-21-2007, 04:15 PM
I'd be glad to pay him for it; after I kill him. He has a Rogue 13th lvl I believe. I'd be willing to wait till he's lvl 14 too!
Just give it up man! It'll only hurt your pride when I kill you.

If not, whatever. I'll keep messin around with the name change thing or just leave it. I really do think PVP is a viable solution to such a problem.
Step up to the challenge "other Sorak". Be remembered as the one that didn't back down (just a game, after all).

Vinos
08-21-2007, 05:05 PM
I'd be glad to pay him for it; after I kill him. He has a Rogue 13th lvl I believe. I'd be willing to wait till he's lvl 14 too!
Just give it up man! It'll only hurt your pride when I kill you.

If not, whatever. I'll keep messin around with the name change thing or just leave it. I really do think PVP is a viable solution to such a problem.
Step up to the challenge "other Sorak". Be remembered as the one that didn't back down (just a game, after all).

Nah not really as PvP is inherently unbalanced. You could just kite him with a wounding bow before he even got into melee range. I would also say rogues are the weakest PvP class. Maybe he could appoint a "champion" to fight you.

HAMANU
08-21-2007, 06:15 PM
PVP is PVP. Having a "champion" fight for him would be as wussy as you tryin to keep comming up with ideas for him.
I'll melee, no bows I promise. It will matter not.

Vinos
08-21-2007, 06:31 PM
PVP is PVP. Having a "champion" fight for him would be as wussy as you tryin to keep comming up with ideas for him.
I'll melee, no bows I promise. It will matter not.

I just find it funny that you think PvP is a fair way to solve this. It would seem you PvP alot and perhaps the other Sorak doesn't even know where to PvP. Kind of like Peyton Manning wanting something that is mine and he wants to have a football throwing contest to see who gets it.

hannika
08-21-2007, 06:49 PM
ha. have to agree with vinos. you should go about it a different way. like offering him insane amounts of plat.

sorak_THE_ROGUE
08-21-2007, 10:32 PM
lol ok i thought this was done with i,m not changing my name. very sorry been here frist week of beta 13rogue/1ftr only play 1 char and his name is sorak . as for offers nothing i need pp i,m maxed and i have raid loots on allmost all slots . i dont pvp i understand i suck at pvp most all rogues do . they need too put out a dark sun online game 8p

Vinos
08-21-2007, 11:38 PM
lol ok i thought this was done with i,m not changing my name. very sorry been here frist week of beta 13rogue/1ftr only play 1 char and his name is sorak . as for offers nothing i need pp i,m maxed and i have raid loots on allmost all slots . i dont pvp i understand i suck at pvp most all rogues do . they need too put out a dark sun online game 8p

Looks like thread closed.

HAMANU
08-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Vinos, you might want to stop assuming you know anything about either one of us. I appreciate you opinion however ignorant it is.
Sorak, it's not an issue man. Just havin fun with ya o.k? No hard feelings I hope. Turbine finally let me change it anyway( I swear I've done it the way I did tonight the same exact way I did 2 days ago).
You are right, it would be awesome if this game had some Dark Sun aspects to it. Oh, how I'd love it!!
Sorak, I hope to meet you some time and talk some Dark Sun stuff with ya. Not many of us out there that know anything about it and like it. You can now find me in-game as Alaron (you know that name...).
Take care all, on to other things.

Vinos
08-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Vinos, you might want to stop assuming you know anything about either one of us. I appreciate you opinion however ignorant it is.
Sorak, it's not an issue man. Just havin fun with ya o.k? No hard feelings I hope. Turbine finally let me change it anyway( I swear I've done it the way I did tonight the same exact way I did 2 days ago).
You are right, it would be awesome if this game had some Dark Sun aspects to it. Oh, how I'd love it!!
Sorak, I hope to meet you some time and talk some Dark Sun stuff with ya. Not many of us out there that know anything about it and like it. You can now find me in-game as Alaron (you know that name...).
Take care all, on to other things.

The whole thread was amusing to me. The only assumption I made was that you were good at PvP(as indicated by your desire to PvP for the name). If you're actually not good at PvP then I apologize for assuming you were.

HAMANU
08-22-2007, 08:54 AM
OK Vinos, good luck out there man.

Vinos
08-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Alaron is a cool name though. Suprised it wasn't taken.

sorak_THE_ROGUE
08-23-2007, 02:07 AM
no hard feelings here either 8) been working alot as to why i have not been on and i would like to hook up in game and talk some dark sun