PDA

View Full Version : Barb DR questions

Twerpp
08-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Ok I read in the wiki that at lvl 1 barbs start with DR 1. I made one and the DR isn't displayed in the character window where it would if you had resists, adamantine armor, etc. How do you know you have it and how much of it you have? Does the barbs inherent DR stack with WF DR enhancement? Or with WF Adamantine armor? For example a LVL 1 WF Barb would have DR 3 right? One from Barb and one from Adamantine armor if he had the body feat right? Just want to make sure when considering a build, I am talking about just passive DR not shield blocking or anything.

Mad_Bombardier
08-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Ok I read in the wiki that at lvl 1 barbs start with DR 1. I made one and the DR isn't displayed in the character window where it would if you had resists, adamantine armor, etc. How do you know you have it and how much of it you have? Does the barbs inherent DR stack with WF DR enhancement? Or with WF Adamantine armor? For example a LVL 1 WF Barb would have DR 3 right? One from Barb and one from Adamantine armor if he had the body feat right? Just want to make sure when considering a build, I am talking about just passive DR not shield blocking or anything.Barbs get DR1/- at level 2, which upgrades at levels 5, 8, 11, 14 and can also be upgraded with 2 enhancements. The DDOwiki page for Barbarian (http://ddo.enterwiki.net/page/Barbarian) has the correct info. Each type of DR only stacks with it's own enhancements; Barb DR with Barb DR enhancements and WF DR with WF DR feats and enhancements.

WF DR does not stack with Barbarian DR, you only take the higher of the two. Although, it has been posted that Barbarian DR/- will stop damage that bypasses WF DR/Adamantine, so WF Barbarians are doubly covered*.

Edit: *IF the WF Adamantine DR (which is usually higher at low levels) is bypassed. Eg., WF Barb level 2. Has DR3/Adamantine and DR2/-. Gets hit for 6 points of damage from an Adamantine attack. Adamantine bypasses the WF DR, but instead 2 points is stopped by his Barb DR2/-.

Borror0
08-02-2007, 06:02 PM
WF DR does not stack with Barbarian DR, you only take the higher of the two. Although, it has been posted that Barbarian DR/- will stop damage that bypasses WF DR/Adamantine, so WF Barbarians are doubly covered.

Ok, now I am lost Mad!

EDIT: Ninja'd myself, now I look silly ask question and give advice after... -_-

Borror0
08-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Ok I read in the wiki that at lvl 1 barbs start with DR 1. I made one and the DR isn't displayed in the character window where it would if you had resists, adamantine armor, etc.

They gain it at level two. I've checked it out, you scared me.

How do you know you have it and how much of it you have?

I think it's displayed on your character sheet (press C to open it).

Does the barbs inherent DR stack with WF DR enhancement? Or with WF Adamantine armor? For example a LVL 1 WF Barb would have DR 3 right?

A level 2 WF Barbarian with Adamantine body would have 1 DR/- and 2 DR/adamantine. DR/adamantine is bypassed by adamantine weapons but DR/- cannot be bypassed by anything. So a level 2 WF Barbarian with Adamantine Body would have 2 DR against anything but adamantine weapons, against them he would have 1 DR.

One from Barb and one from Adamantine armor if he had the body feat right?

Body feat: 2 DR/adamantine

Barbarian: 1 DR/-

Just want to make sure when considering a build, I am talking about just passive DR not shield blocking or anything.

Note that barbrian are not profient with heavy armor.

I'll go edit the DR page to make it clearer. :)

Twerpp
08-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Cool, thanks. Theres a lot of good reasons for WF Barbs, but it looks like DR isnt a big one.