PDA

View Full Version : what happen if...

diachilon
07-28-2007, 07:14 AM
what happen if i dont raise my lvl right away? i know the xp bar turn blue, but if i dont go see my trainer before the bar is full , will i lose the xp i gain?

Symar-FangofLloth
07-28-2007, 07:23 AM
nope, you can store xp up to 2 levels ahead before you stop gaining xp.

diachilon
07-28-2007, 07:39 AM
i want to know why you know that!

VonBek
07-28-2007, 08:24 AM
From experience, I can say that once I'm "in the blue" I know I need to pay attention to my XP to make sure I don't gain so much XP that I start losing it before the following level.

Example: if I am level one, and have 4,999 XP, I am one point from leveling. If I hit 5001 XP, I am now ready to take 2nd level, and my XP bar is "in the blue". I may continue to gain XP until 19,999. At that point I must level, or lose XP. In this example, I've gained enough XP to progress through Level one, and Level two.

If I train a new level at 19,999 XP, I will have a level two character until I gain enough XP to again train another level.

A rather good XP table may be found on the DDO Wiki: HERE (http://ddo.enterwiki.net/page/Experience_points)

JelloMold
07-28-2007, 08:35 AM
i want to know why you know that!

The reasoning behind this is that some people like to max out their XP by remaining a few levels below what they are running (ie. running the entire harbor on level 1). As a more laid back, casual gamer I've never had the patience to do this. I don't use the character planners etc, so I never quite know what is coming up next for me. I get too antsy and just have to do the level up - like a kid at Christmas. But, I'm not the powergamer type anyway. I'll get there when I get there. No rush to level up for me.

Cendaer
07-28-2007, 11:50 AM
The reasoning behind this is that some people like to max out their XP by remaining a few levels below what they are running (ie. running the entire harbor on level 1). As a more laid back, casual gamer I've never had the patience to do this. I don't use the character planners etc, so I never quite know what is coming up next for me. I get too antsy and just have to do the level up - like a kid at Christmas. But, I'm not the powergamer type anyway. I'll get there when I get there. No rush to level up for me.

Yup. It's the only way you can actually squeeze every point of available xp out of every quest. I've done it with more than a few characters, but ultimately, I'm in the same boat with you, I'm just like the kid at Christmas.

cdbd3rd
07-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Yup. It's the only way you can actually squeeze every point of available xp out of every quest. I've done it with more than a few characters, but ultimately, I'm in the same boat with you, I'm just like the kid at Christmas.

/Raises hand. Guilty, too.:o

Tried again couple days ago - made it 14K before I gave in to temptation.

Frodo_Lives
07-28-2007, 01:01 PM
The only time I haven't leveled up is when I want to run a quest like STK and I'm already lvl 5 and have made it to level 6. I'll hold off on leveling so that I can actually join a group that will be running STK. If I want to run Tangleroot one more time because I haven't gotten the end reward I really want I won't level past 6.

There are a few reasons why I don't level right away but usually I level as soon as it is convienent. It's way to much fun to try out new abilities, feats, spells, equipment not too! :)

PurdueDave
07-28-2007, 09:29 PM
The only time I haven't leveled up is when I want to run a quest like STK and I'm already lvl 5 and have made it to level 6. I'll hold off on leveling so that I can actually join a group that will be running STK. If I want to run Tangleroot one more time because I haven't gotten the end reward I really want I won't level past 6.

There are a few reasons why I don't level right away but usually I level as soon as it is convienent. It's way to much fun to try out new abilities, feats, spells, equipment not too! :)

Same here. 5-6-7 are the only ones where I might hang back on purpose.

Trin
08-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Those in my guild will wait if the group we're running spans a few levels and one would end up power leveling others if they got ahead.

Jaywade
08-14-2007, 05:33 PM
/Raises hand. Guilty, too.:o

Tried again couple days ago - made it 14K before I gave in to temptation.

me to multi times...it also comes in handy in theh end game as well..... you hit lvl 13 don't lvl to you max out ... some folks don't like the neq xp form lvl 14 th death... I know lots of folks that did that at the last lvl cap raise

Nikodaemon
08-15-2007, 10:35 AM
can't say that i've ever purposely not level'd. :cool: but now that i know... :rolleyes:

Beherit_Baphomar
08-15-2007, 01:15 PM
I do it all the time.
There are alotta level one quests in the harbour, and getting to level 2 doesnt take much. I dont want to miss out on XP by doing level one quests when Im level two, or level three quests at level four....I dont think its so much a powerlevelling thing, more a the quests are there to be ran at specific levels, so thats the level I run them at.

sigtrent
08-15-2007, 06:29 PM
As a guild leader I intentionaly have some characters "stuck" at certain levels so I can play with new people joining the guild. Often as new slots open up they get to graduate to the next stage of development.

Arnya
08-15-2007, 06:40 PM
As a guild leader I intentionaly have some characters "stuck" at certain levels so I can play with new people joining the guild. Often as new slots open up they get to graduate to the next stage of development.

Exactly what I do. I try to keep one character each bracket ie: 1-2; 2-5; 5-7 etc so I can always log an alt and help friends or join LFMs

wundernewb
08-16-2007, 07:41 AM
We have a cleric in our guild that has stopped his levelling at 7 permanently, so he can help out mid-range guildies when necessary.

Roguewiz
08-16-2007, 09:01 AM
Because, sometimes my friends are lagging behind in level. If I go an level, I'll be too high to group with them for the quests we are doing. At least this way I can still maintain the same level as them, at least during the quest.

That glow everytime you get XP if you are in the blue, is annoying as hell though.