PDA

View Full Version : Two weapon fighting

schroebj13
07-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Just a quick question. I am thinking about a duel weilding build. Do I go Strenght based with FP or dex bases finess with robes? I like the finess idea, but am not sure that it will be the best idea.

Thanks in advance for your help.

KoboldKiller
07-13-2007, 12:58 PM
I think it depends on your play style. You will get arguments from both camps as to which is better. I have a finesse build that I'm happy with however I do suffer in AC at this time. If you are a melee type I would go with a str. build IMO.

Ozmoth
07-13-2007, 01:01 PM
First and foremost, pay attention to weapon penalties in your off hand. Just cause its sounds really cool to dual wield bastard swords doesn't mean it is. Pay attention to the details area as you select off hand weapons and find the right pairs. i.e. playing with a rapier, shortsword, or light weapon in your off hand will yield much more pleasant results. As far as dex vs. str my opinion is that even though finesse makes weapons use your dex mod for swings you just don't get the damage you would with a str based character. But that is straight opinion. Have FUN!!!!!!!!!!

CaitMonster
07-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Their are some great duel wielding builds out there as well. On both sides.
I would look at some of the builds posted. Get some ideas, and move from there.

You know your play style better than anyone else, so if you find a build that intrigues you, maybe you can take the idea and try it out with your own touches. :Wink:

Or maybe you are a master at making PC and you can toy around with the idea and come up with something all your own!!!

Either way have fun. :P