PDA

View Full Version : More simple raids

Riggs
06-23-2007, 02:31 AM
Like Tempest.

No pre-raid quests, no pressure, just fun. No 'if you get knocked off your out of the quest', you get knocked off in Tempest you just run back up.

Lots of people have fun in Tempest. Sure there is no raid loot, but you get a lot of (crappy) chests and kill a bunch of stuff, get some decent xp, and play with 12 people instead of 6.

Everyone really really hates running pre-raid quests over and over and over again. People hate it a lot now. Running von 1-4 get old after a while. You dont get naything but crappy loot, even on elite all the chests are meh, and after a few runs your not getting any xp either.

It would be nice however if it wasnt a 'solve a puzzle to kill the invulnerable boss'. Enough raid puzzles. Make it a stand up fight. No gimmicks, no super annoying mechanics like air elementals that can knock you down at will just by getting close, no archers with red names on pillars that can hamstring you from 30 feet away, no lasers and shields or puzzle pots, no 'fall off you cant get back in stuff' - just a big nasty fight.

That would be a lot of fun.

Conejo
06-23-2007, 08:25 AM
Kobold Assault should be a 3rd-level raid.

moorewr
06-23-2007, 08:28 AM
This game needs a couple non-pre-req low-level raids - I say one for level 1-4, one for 4-7. They'd be a great way to introduce the raid concept - and you could go anytime you had twelve players.

It wouldn't have to involve unbelievable bosses either - a scaled up Kobold Assault*/Gladewatch Outpost would be plenty hard - & with twelve players you could do some real tactics. So on that model you have the raid ride out a big concentrated attack then go find the enemy base and storm it.

*They really need to fix the timing of Kobold Assault - it is too random. It should build up to a crescendo. Low level quests seem not to get fixed, but I can ask. :)

Like Tempest.

No pre-raid quests, no pressure, just fun. No 'if you get knocked off your out of the quest', you get knocked off in Tempest you just run back up.

Lots of people have fun in Tempest. Sure there is no raid loot, but you get a lot of (crappy) chests and kill a bunch of stuff, get some decent xp, and play with 12 people instead of 6.

Everyone really really hates running pre-raid quests over and over and over again. People hate it a lot now. Running von 1-4 get old after a while. You dont get naything but crappy loot, even on elite all the chests are meh, and after a few runs your not getting any xp either.

It would be nice however if it wasnt a 'solve a puzzle to kill the invulnerable boss'. Enough raid puzzles. Make it a stand up fight. No gimmicks, no super annoying mechanics like air elementals that can knock you down at will just by getting close, no archers with red names on pillars that can hamstring you from 30 feet away, no lasers and shields or puzzle pots, no 'fall off you cant get back in stuff' - just a big nasty fight.

That would be a lot of fun.

joracie
06-23-2007, 09:01 AM
I say a 11-14 raid mini raid in giant hold like kobold assault. Starting off with Hobgobs and gnolls then trolls and orges then aurum and then zakyas and then gaints! Non stop action for like an hour! No raid lot per say but lots of chest at the end and a some decent named items! it would be fun as hell!

Mad_Bombardier
06-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Irestone Inlet fits the bill rather well. Like other raids, we are penetrating the inner sanctum of purple name X. Add a puzzle or two, a couple of small buildings instead of camps to enter/exit, beef up Yaar-yar and make him purple named, add some low level raid loot items (similar to STK rewards), and you're all set.

Gimpster
06-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Kobold Assault should be a 3rd-level raid.
If you look at the map and NPC icons, obviously it was a 2-3rd level raid when first built. And then it was changed, because raiding at that level doesn't work.

iamsamoth0
06-23-2007, 10:24 PM
Reserved for future response.

Conejo
06-24-2007, 10:32 PM
If you look at the map and NPC icons, obviously it was a 2-3rd level raid when first built. And then it was changed, because raiding at that level doesn't work.

just because having 6 people who are level 2 can be a total Charlie-Foxtrot (let alone 12) doesn't mean we should remove the option.

are you telling me every TS run you've ever been on went 100% smoothly?

Elfvyra
06-25-2007, 12:11 AM

No, everyone doesn't hate it. I and most of my friends enjoy running the pre-raid quests. Even the ones that don't need to be run again, like Ghola Fan, Shrieking Mines and Hunting for Dragon Scales. Perhaps if you changed your statement to "some people really hate...". Especially given that you haven't spoken to "Everyone" who plays DDO... ;)

VonBek
06-25-2007, 07:43 AM
Add one "Yes" vote from me.

narizue
06-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Totally agree that the game would benefit from at least one if not more than one stand alone raid. One pre tempest spine(levels don't really matter but I would suggest around 4-6) and one post tempest spine(around level 12) would be the bare minimum IMO.