PDA

View Full Version : Prisoner of the Planes docent drop bug

baylensman
04-25-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm aware of this happening now to at least three groups containing members of my guild. It seems that in the final battle at the bases of the structure, against the ancient Warforged, at his defeat a docent must drop. This docent is touched by each party member then the group can proceed upwards and hit the final level and complete the quest.
In the problem in question, the narration tells of the docent droping but it can't be found by the party. Backspace "u" doesn't work nor does "tab" ing around reveal the docent.
The tactic to defeat this warforged is that the party surrounds it and doesn't not allow him to move when the fight starts.
I think that what is happening, is that the group surrounds the WF and doesn't allow any movement, the docent does in fact drop, but there is a "chest" that spawns when he dies also. I beleive that the chest spawns exactly where the WF was standing at the start, and if he is not allowed to move the docent drops where he was standing, therefore the chest is over the docent and not accessable to the party (it's under the chest).
Possible solution is to set up to force the WF to move away from his starting point then closing around him so he can't retreat back to the starting point.

This is just a theory, at this point, I have no confirmation from Turbine yet. However as other groups have completed this quest, they maybe able to confirm the location of the docent drop.
Does the docent in fact drop where the WF dies?
Does the "chest" always spawn in the center of the room where the WF was standing before the fight starts?

Aspenor
04-25-2007, 10:40 AM
I've never been able to find it using tab or backspace. You need to find it and click on it. It should drop right next to where you are standing, using those tactics.

KaKa
04-25-2007, 11:02 AM
I only find the docent using the select nearest interactble button (backspace as default) and have never failed to do so even if the docent is underneath the treasure chest. If you truly are not finding it then it is mostl likely a very rare bug. If you find yourself not finiding it often I believe there is some player error involved not a bug.

Also did ya bug report it?

roscopico
04-25-2007, 01:07 PM
dont u die when u touch it?

Dragonscar
04-25-2007, 03:44 PM
Backspace to find it click the use button and ur done. If you double click the use button u die. If someone else picks it up b4 u, u die. If someone else picks it up after u, they die. Groups I'm in of late specify a primary and alternate (in case of death) to pick it up. Never seen it not spawn, but in some cases with solid fog, firewall, etc. it is tough to find without the backspace (unless u've customized ur backspace key). Tab is next enemy. Hope this helps.

Zorlinta
04-25-2007, 04:12 PM
When u have selected and it appears on the small globe did u tried the use button, next to examine button on upper right of the item globe sub-window?